[NL2-NL10] 88 Rivered Set

• jdnismo
      jdnismo
      Bronze
      Villain is unknown, although VPIP is 96% over 25 hands..

IPoker Network $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 1429373
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $2.00
      MP1: $2.22
      MP2: $0.90
      CO: $0.60
      Hero (BTN): $2.07
      SB: $8.84
      BB: $0.99
      UTG: $2.00

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with 8 :spade: 8 :diamond:
      4 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks

Flop: ($0.08) 2 :diamond: 6 :heart: K :club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.08) 5 :heart: (4 players)
      SB bets $0.06, BB folds, CO folds, Hero calls $0.06

River: ($0.20) 8 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.50, SB raises to $0.88, Hero raises to $1.96, SB calls $1.08

Preflop: Wasn't sure about raising, I decide to limp to see if I can hit and play for a big pot multiway.

Flop: What do you think about betting here? I think it wouldn't be a bad idea on such a dry board especially IP.

Turn: SB bets, I'm only behind a K, and ahead of all his draws, 5x, 6x hands, so I call.

River: Since FD missed I think I'm good here most of the time, when he 3bets it's possible he has K6 and checked flop to induce a bet from someone else, K5, or K8 for the rivered 2pair, or 55, 66. I am only losing to 34 and 47, so I shove, would you shove here or just call?
  • 7 replies
    • Homelie
      Homelie
      Bronze
      im not the evaluator here, but i think you played it alright, seems like he has two pair or weeker set to me as well,or maybe hes a sick bastard and slowplaying his kings :D

what was he holding ?
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      PF: raise for value and to pick up the blinds. Your hand is pretty strong HU versus the superloose CO.

Flop: Bet since you probably have the best hand. Furthermore if T,J etc comes on the turn you may be outdrawn. Betting is likely to thin the field and make turns much easier to play.

TU:WP

Ri:Very opponent specific but calling doesn't seem too bad as putting in almost a whole stack on the river when beat hurts just too much.
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nunki
      PF: raise for value and to pick up the blinds. Your hand is pretty strong HU versus the superloose CO.

Flop: Bet since you probably have the best hand. Furthermore if T,J etc comes on the turn you may be outdrawn. Betting is likely to thin the field and make turns much easier to play.

TU:WP

Ri:Very opponent specific but calling doesn't seem too bad as putting in almost a whole stack on the river when beat hurts just too much.

PreFlop : I think raise for value vs. 3 people ar prety silly. (no offence)

Flop: I think bet is fine but check is better whit 3 player in the pot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jdnismo,

Preflop: Against CO stack I guess I wouldn't raise it. Limping is totally fine. If we raise then we practically plan to go broke against him.
      Flop: Just donk it, it's very often the case that you take down the pot right here.

As played
      Turn: Possible to Call while he may easily even have any kind of draws/pair type of hands which you even beat.
      River: Although I am not a big fan of shipping it here. He doesn't have that many Kx hands in his range like K2/K6/K5. Only reasonable hand we might be against is some kind of set which was slowplaying. Guess myself I'd Call vs his 3bet while being in freeplay pot. Also it's not only 34/74 but also 97. :P

Board: 2:diamond: 6:heart: K:club:  5:heart:  8:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    61.54%  61.54%   0.00% { 66-55, 22, K6s-K5s, K2s, 97s, 74s, 43s, 43o }
      UTG+1  38.46%  38.46%   0.00% { 8d8s }

That's the reason why I'd rather prefer calling. :)

Best regards.
    • jdnismo
      jdnismo
      Bronze
      Ah yes ofc 97, missed that somehow :tongue: But he had 74o anyway :P
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Aerox232
      PreFlop : I think raise for value vs. 3 people ar prety silly. (no offence)

There is one opponent who is playing virtually ATC and another two who may not want to play for a raise. We have almost 70% equity versus the co's range and possibly dead-money to boot. I believe no silliness here.

@ Veriz: The CO is probably playing all Kx hands.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      That might be true but he wouldn't overplay all Kx hands and just some weak pairs. :( That's just a freeplay pot.