CO ($3.21)
      BTN ($2.61)

UTG+1 posts (SB) $0.02

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:heart:

Hero raises to $0.20, fold, CO calls $0.20, fold, SB calls $0.18, fold

FLOP ($0.66) 8:heart: Q:diamond: 6:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.52, CO folds, SB calls $0.52

TURN ($1.70) 8:heart: Q:diamond: 6:heart: 7:diamond:

SB bets $0.32, Hero raises to $2.04, SB raises to $4.37 (AI), Hero calls $1.24 (AI)

RIVER ($8.26) 8:heart: Q:diamond: 6:heart: 7:diamond: 3:diamond:

SB shows 5:spade: 9:heart:
      (Pre 15%, Flop 14.6%, Turn 77.3%)

Hero shows Q:club: Q:heart:
      (Pre 85%, Flop 85.4%, Turn 22.7%)

SB wins $7.85
      please comment... ;o
  • 21 replies
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      You got outsmarted by a genious mastermind. Obviously he must have been able to calculate exactly which cards were to come as he decided to cold call with 95o.
      His small donkbet on the turn displays this genious better than anything. Not your fault, you just ran into a real talent.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Maniatrix
      You got outsmarted by a genious mastermind. Obviously he must have been able to calculate exactly which cards were to come as he decided to cold call with 95o.
      His small donkbet on the turn displays this genious better than anything. Not your fault, you just ran into a real talent.
      but for real, I mean if I calculate implied odds I think he has me :f_o:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      why not post it in the hh evalutation forum see what one of the coaches says?
      I think you played this great he just got lucky.

Also you still had a good chance for a fullhouse or quads, i would not have folded this hand.

:)
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      but when that card came on turn and he donkes. I was like, damn, he did hit his gutshot... but still you understand :f_biggrin:
    • jdnismo
      jdnismo
      Bronze
      fold pre you are UTG

:coolface:
    • ManoloB99
      ManoloB99
      Bronze
      Just be happy with the notion that this person is 100% donating money to other poker players if this is his style of play.
    • needagun
      needagun
      Bronze
      guys like that always call with gutshots, i made 2 pot sized bets with trips against a guy and he called both and made his straight on the river then value bet 1/4 of the pot :P i called thinking to myself "can't be", at least he didn't shove on me

i can imagine how frustrating that hand was for you

i wonder what someone is supposed to do in that spot and if it's possible to get away from it, but if you think about it on the micro stakes he is either a complete idiot with top pair or whatever overplaying his hand (which is always possible, even likely) or the turn gave him a smaller set or a straight
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      It's always suspicious when a fish donks out, but I don't think you can fold in this spot as you still beat a ton of his value hands - 2 pair, lower sets, pair+turned draw etc. Turn raise is definitely good on such a board.

If you had a one-pair hand like AQ you might be able to find a fold at some point.
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      Yeah you can sometimes..
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      it was pretty obvious he had 95, check/fold turn.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      Originally posted by Maniatrix
      but for real, I mean if I calculate implied odds I think he has me :f_o:
      No, I think the implied odds won't be better than 8:1, and he needs 11:1 to get a gutshot on the turn.

And that's assuming he knows you have QQ. You'll do this with many hands that you'd fold on the turn, so in his position, if he puts you on a range, he doesn't have implied odds to call.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by ManoloB99
      Just be happy with the notion that this person is 100% donating your money to other poker players if this is his style of play.
      :f_biggrin:
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      That turn did complete also 9T, which is much more logical hand with double gutshot draw. Anyway he has lot of weaker hands in his range.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ghaleon
      That turn did complete also 9T, which is much more logical hand with double gutshot draw. Anyway he has lot of weaker hands in his range.

oh yes, didn't see that.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Still find the play there standard and you got out lucked. Shit happens :(
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      95o. You got outclassed there :f_biggrin:
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      95o. You got outclassed there

Glad I'm not the only one capable of recognizing pure genious. Pokerstrategy must headhunt this person to do coachings at the highest level.
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      lol!

He is not genius. He is the mad genius online wizard. :D :D :f_biggrin:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I just want to inform you that we have moved your thread into the Beginners Question board, because that is where it belongs :)

Ingrid