This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 4nl, fr, 88

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.06
      BB:
      $3.14
      Hero:
      $5.18

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with 8:spade: , 8:club:
      Hero raises to $0.16, 6 folds, SB calls $0.14, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.48) J:heart: , J:spade: , J:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.08, BB calls $0.08, Hero raises to $0.32, SB folds, BB raises to $2.98 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.86

should i have called here? i very nearly did but it felt a little dodgey... not sure if the fold was too nitty...
  • 5 replies
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      In micros players like to bluff spots like this and Play whit AK AQ. Ax.
      I woud call there.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      yea i kinda regret not calling it, but i've had that situation quite a few times and they've had overpairs... it felt very uncertain and i didn't know what to do so i preferred a fold since it means i get to keep my stack lol. i'll keep that in mind in future tho..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Such a player can even shove with Jx here and wouldn't be surprised. :D I guess I'd just Call it on flop while we wont get called by a lot worse anyways. And by that I mean not raise.

But as played what's your idea of raising here? We can't really raise for information. :) While such a fishy player might even sometimes ship any kind of PPs which have FH now. Although of course it's rather safer to fold it and avoid such a variance.

Best regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      yea i'm not entirely sure about my raise. i didnt think "what is the goal of this raise?" i just raised because i thought i may have the best hand but the shove was where i got lost... i mean i could have called on the flop but unless rags come on turn then surely i really won't know where i stand if say a K or Q came on turn? i think i just didnt want overcards to catch up so this is why i raised but then i thought his shove could be any pocket pair or even a Jx (unlikely but it's happened in this situation to me before!) and i geuss he is capable of shoving AK etc... i suppose i played it like i was protecting my hand ?(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hehe, most likely. That was your idea. :>