Stack
      SB:
      $4.06
      BB:
      $3.14
      Hero:
      $5.18

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with 8:spade: , 8:club:
      Hero raises to $0.16, 6 folds, SB calls $0.14, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.48) J:heart: , J:spade: , J:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.08, BB calls $0.08, Hero raises to $0.32, SB folds, BB raises to $2.98 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.86

should i have called here? i very nearly did but it felt a little dodgey... not sure if the fold was too nitty...
  • 5 replies
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      In micros players like to bluff spots like this and Play whit AK AQ. Ax.
      I woud call there.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      yea i kinda regret not calling it, but i've had that situation quite a few times and they've had overpairs... it felt very uncertain and i didn't know what to do so i preferred a fold since it means i get to keep my stack lol. i'll keep that in mind in future tho..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Such a player can even shove with Jx here and wouldn't be surprised. :D I guess I'd just Call it on flop while we wont get called by a lot worse anyways. And by that I mean not raise.

But as played what's your idea of raising here? We can't really raise for information. :) While such a fishy player might even sometimes ship any kind of PPs which have FH now. Although of course it's rather safer to fold it and avoid such a variance.

Best regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      yea i'm not entirely sure about my raise. i didnt think "what is the goal of this raise?" i just raised because i thought i may have the best hand but the shove was where i got lost... i mean i could have called on the flop but unless rags come on turn then surely i really won't know where i stand if say a K or Q came on turn? i think i just didnt want overcards to catch up so this is why i raised but then i thought his shove could be any pocket pair or even a Jx (unlikely but it's happened in this situation to me before!) and i geuss he is capable of shoving AK etc... i suppose i played it like i was protecting my hand ?(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hehe, most likely. That was your idea. :>