[NL2-NL10] 76 suited nl2

• boomer011
      boomer011
      Bronze
      Trying to figure out if river raise is right play; is there any range of villains hand here that calls that i beat?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $2.08
      Hero:
      $3.45

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7:club: , 6:club:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.07, Hero calls $0.07, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.17) 9:club: , 4:club: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.1, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.37) 5:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18.

River: ($0.73) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.73, Hero raises to $1.73, MP1 calls $1.00 (All-In).

Final Pot: $4.19

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows a flush, ace high (Ac Tc)
      Hero shows (7c 6c)

MP1 wins with a flush, ace high (Ac Tc)
  • 3 replies
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      He coud have streight anf sets or 2pairs . So you beat lot of hands.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Raise turn. You'll get much more value from draws, one-club-type-of-hands, etc., and will get the whole stacks in more easily by the river. Plus, these guys on NL2 will never ever fold an overpair on that board, especially with one club.

I don't like raising river that much. He could have two pairs? Which two pairs? Is he raising 93 from middle position? Think about ranges, not fixed absolute hands. You still have a big raise to make on the river to get full stacks in, you will get many folds from weaker hands and many calls from higher flushes and an eventual full house w/ 99 there (not sure if 33 or 44 are in his range, but possibly).

Regardless of results, I think you lost value by raising river and not turn. If I just call turn, I might as well just call river as I don't want to raise and make a ton of worse hands fold and better hands call (mind that there are no worse flushes than yours, unless you think villain is playing 23s from that position).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello boomer011,

Turn: Rather raise it here and protect your hand than call it, you have to build up the pot.

As played
      River: As you see the guy made a small bet on turn and now pot size on river, it really indicates to a very strong hand. :) I'd rather Call and be happy if I am even ahead.

Best regards.