PokerTracker or Hold'em Manager?

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I don't know if I should buy PokerTracker or Hold'em Manager.
      I'm more inclined to buy Hold'em Manager, because it supports more sites and because of pokerstrategy discount. Are there any major differences between them? Which one should I buy?
  • 19 replies
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      Both have trial runs....

PT has one for 60 days.
      HEM has one for two weeks I think.

Ignore everyone else's input and try them both out and see which you prefer!

Happy grinding...
    • Bendafatman
      Bendafatman
      Bronze
      HOld on......... I was just about to purchase PT3, cus my trial is up, and it says I have to pay a subscription fee to use the tabletracker?!

O_o

Does Hm have a table tracker?
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bendafatman
      HOld on......... I was just about to purchase PT3, cus my trial is up, and it says I have to pay a subscription fee to use the tabletracker?!

O_o

Does Hm have a table tracker?
      Table tracker? You mean scanner? Has to be paid.
      Link: http://www.holdemmanager.com/buy/3/table-scanner

As for the topic.

I prefer HEM over PT3. Specially HEM2 which is a spaceship compared to PT3.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      HEM doesn't have an automatic hand converter like PT3 and Elephant? :O
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zhusy

As for the topic.

I prefer HEM over PT3. Specially HEM2 which is a spaceship compared to PT3.
      Poker tracker 4 is on the way as well be interesting too see what that has in store for us,hopefully there will be a free trial for both HEM2 and PT4 :D
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Guna hop in on this thread as i have a question to everyone, im thinking of buying Holdem manager, im only playing micro stakes but am serious about improving my game.

Ive been using elephant and found it to be very good, however i seem to have alot of problems with it not working for 2-3 weeks, then a random week it works and its just very on and off.

Going to download then trials for PT3 and HEM, but my question is upto what limits does the HEM small stakes version work upto, or should i just buy the full version, or should i wait for HEM 2 or PT4??

PS- Im a student so money may be an object :)
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by keoghh
      Going to download then trials for PT3 and HEM, but my question is upto what limits does the HEM small stakes version work upto, or should i just buy the full version, or should i wait for HEM 2 or PT4??

Hold'em Manager Small Stakes Version covers these limits: .25/.$50 No Limit, .50/$1 Limit and up to $22 buy-in tournaments

Given that you're playing micros now, buying small stakes version seems better, you will be able to upgrade to full version later(prices on official HEM page: Full version $89.99, Small stakes v $54.99, Upgrade $39.99). As a member of Pokerstrategy.com community you can also get 18% discount (more information here ).

And no need to wait for HM2, every PS.com member, who purchased HM1 after May 1st will get an upgrade to HM2 for free :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      HEM doesn't have an automatic hand converter like PT3 and Elephant? :O
      of course it does! need help with this? or you got it sorted?

this thread brings back memories of when i was starting out, i asked the exact same question and read 1 mirrion debates about it. :) that was back in 2008 or something and it seems nothing has changed.

the basic summary is, both programs are very good and very similar and it almost doesnt matter which you pick. you will learn to love and work well with either. this being said, all the debates i read are about HEM1 and PT3. i havent gotten to try HEM2 yet ;)
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Holdem manager as it is our partner :D
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I have the HEM2 beta, and apart from the nice new stats and HUD, I don't like the menu layouts.

The new stats and HUD with the old menus would have been sweet.

but it still beats PT3 into the ground if you ask me. I used PT3 for 4 months, and then changed to HEM and never looked back.
    • pobe27mo
      pobe27mo
      Bronze
      Does anyone know if you can use the trial of HEM and then purchase it later and still get the 18% discount?
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pobe27mo
      Does anyone know if you can use the trial of HEM and then purchase it later and still get the 18% discount?
      Yes you can use the trial first and the buy it using the 18% discount
    • minibiff
      minibiff
      Bronze
      Hem is the best, i've tried both
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Hello,

My trial version for both HM and PT expired month ago when I was start playing poker. So, I can not compare it anymore. I think both software is equal in term of HUD but I don't sure about post game analysis things. I have a few questions:

1. Which one (in general) have more sophisticated post game analysis for cash game player?

2. Which one allow me to "mark player" during post game analysis?
      3. Which one have better "villain filter"? for example: I want to filter player who have VPIP more than x% AND 3bet more than y% AND have more than 1000 hands in my hand history files. Can I do that with both software?

Thanks for answer
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      No answer? :(
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      i really think they would be the same pd. they have similar functionalities.

it's a very difficult question because you want people to be very well versed in both programs whereas most people use just one (makes sense?)

i use hem so il try to answer what i can:
      question 1 is pretty vague i have no idea how to answer this.

question 2, you can mark hands during the game and also make notes on the other players by clicking on their hud display. then you can read your notes on villain while you are reviewing your hands. hem even marks their avatars as fish or rock or gambler based on their stats. you can change this ofc depending on how you see the player.

question 3, i've never tried this. why don't you make a visit to the respective HEM and PT3 forums? i think they would be able to say whether their programs can perform this function. i tried it now and whereas i can see all the stats when i click on each villain, im not sure how i can display them all together. what is currently displayed in the main chart are their losses and wins vs hero. i think its a good start though to analyze players who have won the most against you. then you can analyze how they play.
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Thanks pf

Looks like my questions is not easy to answer :D
      By the way, I find easy solution:

I always ask and discuss poker related things on PS forums, I always register to poker room through PS, I register my moneybookers account through PS, I only using tools from PS.... And I just realized I can't buy PT through PS.
      So it's an easy choice :D
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      easy solutions ftw! :f_thumbsup:

you wont regret it :) i :heart: my hem.

and also, your loyalty is astounding. we do appreciate it. :f_love:
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      ops wrong thread ^__^