[NL2-NL10] Top trips on draw heavy board

• rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Hi, in this hand was I correct in calling the all-in push on the turn? From the stats, the opponent had a very high WTS value (although not a big sample). My thinking was to try get all in on the Flop, but I decided that would probably scare him off with more worse hands, hence my 3bet.

On the turn, I pushed his AI because I felt that he would likely have pushed with many worse hands (any lower set / the 2pair he showed down with). Real worry was a 5. But I thought that there was a low probability of that (pocket 5s are possible, but his flop call of my 3bet made them unlikely. Same with 5 + high card as the odds on draw on the flop were horrible for them.

Thanks!

Known players:
      Position
      BB
      UTG2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:spade: , 6:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0.02, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06, UTG2 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) 6:club: , 4:heart: , 2:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.12, BB raises to $0.24, UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BB calls $0.76.

Turn: ($2.25) 3:heart: (2 players)
      BB raises $1.3 (All-In), Hero calls $1.12 (All-In).

River: ($4.67) K:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.67
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rudders93,

Preflop: With one limper I'd raise $0,10.
      Postflop: You bet on flop is way too small, ~$0,24 would be mine. Otherwise nothing much to do, he may easily even shove with worse sets.

Best regards.
    • rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Hi thanks for that.

Definitely agree with preflop. Why the larger raise postflop? I figured anything larger than a 1/2 to 2/3 would scare off the opponent, which is not what I want with the effective nuts?

Thanks again!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by rudders93
      Hi thanks for that.

Definitely agree with preflop. Why the larger raise postflop? I figured anything larger than a 1/2 to 2/3 would scare off the opponent, which is not what I want with the effective nuts?

Thanks again!
      What do you mean? With the 1/2 pot size bet you are giving perfect odds for him to draw against you. Never-ever slowplay like that, you will in long run only regret.
    • rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      ah, yeah that's true. thanks!