[NL2-NL10] 4nl, fr, AQo 3way pot

• DrDunne
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , Q:heart:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.12, 2 folds, CO calls $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.42) Q:spade: , T:club: , 9:club: (3 players)
      MP1 bets $0.12, CO calls $0.12, Hero raises to $0.48, MP1 calls $0.36, CO calls $0.36.

Turn: ($1.86) 3:spade: (3 players)
      MP1 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $1, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $2.86

his pfraise was small and since there was one caller i decided to just call and see the flop... i think this was problem no.1

flopping TPTK on that board was problematic - i was beaten by any 2pair (although this is probably not in their ranges which is why i opted for a raise because i thought it was likely that i had the best hand. i expected at least one fold...

the turn did nothing for anyone so if i was ahead on the flop i was probably still ahead here which is why i second barrelled. the whole hand felt very uncomfortable but the guy was just Cbetting probably with overcards or an underpair. i think if he flopped the straight he would raise or at least fire again on the turn.

anyway i could do with some feedback here because i think i could have even raised preflop? im not sure...
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: I'd even consider squeezing here since AQo ain't the greatest hand to play multiway. Although of course it's possible. But it's often the case that you gonna overplay your hand as TP. :(

As played
      Postflop: What do you want to achieve with your raise here? Do you want protect or ...? What's your plan if he decides to 3bet you? Myself I guess being in multiway pot and in such a draw-heavy board I'd rather take passive line. We ain't gonna achieve much with 3betting here anyways but rather just committing ourselves on turn. :) While they could easily even be trapping us.

Best regards.