Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.55
      MP1:
      $4.16

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , T:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP1 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.42) 8:diamond: , 7:spade: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, MP1 calls $0.32.

Turn: ($1.06) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.68, MP1 calls $0.68.

River: ($2.42) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.29, MP1 calls $1.29.

Final Pot: $5.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows (9d 6d)
      Hero shows a flush, king high (Ts Td)

Hero wins with a flush, king high (Ts Td)

i got lucky here, but i didnt want to assume he was on a FD any more than he was on a straight draw and i had an overpair so i needed to protect. i know there's a strong possibility i played this hand badly (because i got lucky but he had me beaten before) so i wonder what i should have done differently.

also, my river bet was meant to be $1.20 but for some reason the software didn't respond properly.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Only thing I'd be considering to change is to bet river smaller. You just not allowing even a lot worse to Call you. I'd make ~$1 which should be enough and might induce even a lot worse flushes or even worse hands to Call.

Best regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i would have loved to make the river bet smaller, but i was sure if i did that he would raise... especially since a small bet to him could easily look weak so he might take the opportunity.. but it definitely sounds like a better option. my plan was check/fold on river but then i hit my flush so i needed to do something.

the one thing i can't stand is when i check or bet small and they bet or raise and it just seems like they are doing it because i checked and they think they can take the pot. i have trouble judging whether it is a bluff or when it is genuine..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I doubt that such a passive player would ever raise you on river. :) Don't be scared. :>