[NL2-NL10] 4nl, fr, AKo v AQ

• DrDunne
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , K:heart:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.32, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.66) A:diamond: , J:spade: , 5:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.2, Hero raises to $0.60, BB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.86) 2:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.2, Hero raises to $1.20, BB calls $1.00.

River: ($4.26) 4:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $4.26

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ac Kh)
      BB shows (As Qs)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (Ac Kh)

this hand felt like i was ahead. i think he'd seen me stealing a fair amount from LP and i just thought i would see the flop with this one. so when i flop TPTK i really think im ahead but he cbets and calls my raise. i thought i might be looking at 2pair or a set. maybe even just pocket QQ or TT. i thought if he checks turn i will check to induce a bluff on the river with a dominated ace but then he continued to bet. im not sure if i played this okay and since i wasnt sure if i was ahead at the river i decided to check behind. was this okay?
  • 2 replies
    • Aerox232
      I think you shoud bet on river for value.
    • veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

Pretty close I would say. There ain't gonna be many 3bet hands which are going to pay us a lot. I mean does he really 3bet with a lot worse Ax? Some even make 2pairs there.

Therefore I might even sometimes skip the raise at some spot. But as you went for value then why ain't ya shipping the river? It didn't change much.

Best regards.