This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 4nl, fr, AKo v AQ

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $3.82
      Hero:
      $4.95

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , K:heart:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.32, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.66) A:diamond: , J:spade: , 5:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.2, Hero raises to $0.60, BB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.86) 2:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.2, Hero raises to $1.20, BB calls $1.00.

River: ($4.26) 4:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $4.26

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ac Kh)
      BB shows (As Qs)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (Ac Kh)

this hand felt like i was ahead. i think he'd seen me stealing a fair amount from LP and i just thought i would see the flop with this one. so when i flop TPTK i really think im ahead but he cbets and calls my raise. i thought i might be looking at 2pair or a set. maybe even just pocket QQ or TT. i thought if he checks turn i will check to induce a bluff on the river with a dominated ace but then he continued to bet. im not sure if i played this okay and since i wasnt sure if i was ahead at the river i decided to check behind. was this okay?
  • 2 replies
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      I think you shoud bet on river for value.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Pretty close I would say. There ain't gonna be many 3bet hands which are going to pay us a lot. I mean does he really 3bet with a lot worse Ax? Some even make 2pairs there.

Therefore I might even sometimes skip the raise at some spot. But as you went for value then why ain't ya shipping the river? It didn't change much.

Best regards.