[NL2-NL10] [NL10 SH] AQs on scary board

• PewPewPoker
      Hello everybody,

Here is a hand I played recently on everest. He has a rather high wtsd and quite low AF, but the samplesize is very small, so I don't know these things for sure.
      Pre: I could 3bet this preflop, but I think he doens't call with worse, so I would just be isolating myself against better hands...
      Flop: pretty standard value/protectionbet i think.
      Turn: again a value/protectionbet, I think it could've been a little bigger...
      river: This was the tough spot. I got two pair, but there are 4to a straight. but i thought he could also have hands like KQ, KJ, JT, QT or TT+ (altought JJ and AA are not very likely)

I could definitely see a fold here, or is that too weak for you guys?
      Please let me know what you think :)

Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,35, Hero calls $0,35, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,85) A:club: , J:club: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0,6, CO calls $0,60.

Turn: ($2,05) Q:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1,2, CO calls $1,20.

River: ($4,45) K:heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $3,25, Hero calls $3,25.

Final Pot: $10,95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows three-of-a-kind, kings (Kd Kc)
      Hero shows (Ad Qd)

CO wins with three-of-a-kind, kings (Kd Kc)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello PewPewPoker,

Most likely I'd bet the turn bigger ~$1,60 at least to gain better protection.

But as played I doubt that he is betting there with worse 2pairs. :( That's the problem. Also his bet sizing ain't the smallest either. As we see that he is rather passive opponent and therefore I'd even consider making the crying fold on river. :( While any Tx beats us and even better 2pairs possible and of course a lot of sets.

Best regards.