Hero wins $2.43
      SB 57/6/2.0/176
      CO 20/15/5.2
  • 10 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xero100,

Not a huge fan of raising here actually. You might be at the best flipping. Rather take a passive line. What's your plan if you get 3bet here? :)

Best regards.
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      with that much money in the pot would shove, I if he can 3bet with FD
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by xero100
      with that much money in the pot would shove, I if he can 3bet with FD
      And with that you most likely gonna loose money in long run. :(

Board: A:spade: 4:spade: 6:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    23.02%  17.60%   5.42% { AcQc }
      UTG+1  76.98%  71.56%   5.42% { 66, 44, A6s, A4s, AhKh, AhQh, KsQs, AhJh, A6o, A4o, AhKs, AhQs, AhJs, AhTs }

Or what kind of range do you think he would 3bet you?
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      This is a type of stuation I see myself in a fair bit and was wondering if we can go a bit deeper into why you have concluded the passive play is best here.

If we play Passive, whats the plan?

We fold to any aggression if a club comes on turn or river?

If villian bets again on a blank turn card whats the plan - Unless villian is very passive I'm guessing we have to call again?

If villian checks turn on blank turn card whats the plan - Bet for protection?

Whats the plan on the river if villian bets out on another blank?

By raising how many hands with decent equity against us will fold?

I expect stronger made hands to be shoving for protection, so none of these.

Hands that are only a flush draw may potentially fold / call. Depends on the villian and how high the club is?

Potential Benefits of Raising

Information - We can fold to a shove, may end up cheaper than passive line against better made hands.

May make hands with decent equity against us fold?

If villian just calls we can be fairly sure he has a flush draw and play accordingly. Could be a trappy call, but most good players will only trap with the nuts here, even a made flush could be vunerable if its not high so they would want to raise for protection.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Bump - Curious to see the thought process here when you get a second spare.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Before I'm going to answer all the questions, try reading this:
      Stop the Inforaise!

And if you still unsure and want me to answer your questions then bump it again. :D
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      I'm happy the call is a better play, but would still appriciate if you could go through the questions on how we then play the hand on further streets.

It feels like a tricky spot to me, but maybe more clear-cut in your mind.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If we play Passive, whats the plan?

We fold to any aggression if a club comes on turn or river?

What do you mean by club? Any club doesn't change much. :) Any spade would. :P But yes, most likely against any spade we have to fold, while he will definitely have a lot of in his range.

If villian bets again on a blank turn card whats the plan - Unless villian is very passive I'm guessing we have to call again?

If he is against giving us that great odds then yes, I'd go for a Call again.

If villian checks turn on blank turn card whats the plan - Bet for protection?

Definitely, we would bet for protection. :) No way I'd Check behind. Usually such a Check indicates to a draw, plus of course the bet size on flop.

Whats the plan on the river if villian bets out on another blank?

Depends once again what kind of size. :) If he gives great odds again then we can even consider Calling.

By raising how many hands with decent equity against us will fold?

Hands that are only a flush draw may potentially fold / call. Depends on the villian and how high the club is?

Guess the spade. :P But most likely he would even fold any kind of draw if he is a reasonable player. :) So we making only very strong hands to continue. Also strong draws but while we could easily just isolate ourselves against better hands while there are a lot of them.

Potential Benefits of Raising

Information - We can fold to a shove, may end up cheaper than passive line against better made hands.

There is no such thing in this case as raise for information. :) Should have already read the article I gave you.

May make hands with decent equity against us fold?

We may make those hands to fold which may pay us on later streets, although they ain't gonna pay us if we do raise. :)
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      I think i would call there in normal spot. But if i am playing against a total donk, then i raise here with intention of going broke if needed.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Thanks for going through that for me, much appriciated and largely matches my thoughts which is always nice.

Looks like you spotted my fear of clubs, always fold when a club comes down, its just a bad omen :P