Lets talk some advanced FL 5CD

• p44mc
      By now I'm hoping more people have read/watched EvGalois's excellent new articles/vids, I love this game and would love to get some more players here takling about it! This hand might be a little advanced but lets see what people who've given the game a go think... (a big problem with discussing 5CD hands is that decissions are extremely opponent dependant, but lets have a go anyway)

Villian is playing pretty aggressive, which is standard for HU - He was talking to another decent reg earlier about how he's been playing 5CD for over 5 years! So he's no :f_ugly:

Poker Stars $5/$10 Limit 5 Card Draw - 2 players - View hand 1431107
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Pre Draw: ($7) Hero is BB with A:spade: J:spade: 3:spade: 3:diamond: 2:spade:
      BTN/SB raises, Hero 3-bets, BTN/SB caps!, Hero calls

First Draw: ($40) (2 players)
      Hero draws 1, BTN/SB draws 1
      Hand: A:spade: A:club: J:spade: 3:spade: 2:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN/SB bets, Hero calls

Final Pot: $60
      Hero mucks A:spade: A:club: J:spade: 3:spade: 2:spade:
      BTN/SB shows Q:heart: T:heart: 6:heart: 4:heart: 3:heart: (a flush, Queen high)
      BTN/SB wins $59
      (Rake: $1.00)

I'm especially interested in what EvGalois has to input... =)
  • 1 reply
    • EvGalois
      Hello! I think I have a vague idea who one of these players could be. Remember the 5CD community is quite small.. Is it also true that he is a bit of "chat-box" and is he from either a) Bulgaria or b) Portugal? Nevermind...

Hero in BB was dealt an ace high flush draw (or a pair of 3s if he wished) and well what can I say after deciding to call the 4th bet he should normally sense that he is beat by either concealed trips or perhaps kings or aces up. Now on the other hand, the guy in SB/BTN.. I am not sure what his idea is by making this pot so big with a mere Q high flush draw. The draw has no real high cards that could eventually win a possible showdown. And also he should sense some strength after the three bet (depends also on previous hands and 3-betting frequency from his opponent).
      However if SB/BTN just calls after the 3rd bet it will be our hero who has "the initiative" most of the times post draw and we can expect him to c-bet right away. As it turns out SB/BTN puts in the 4th bet and is therefore representing a very strong hand. If he is likely to have a strong then we have to, as pointed out earlier, find out "where we are in the game". I mean he might just as well be desperate at this stage and by this play "stalling". A good HU-player would easily pick that up. If that is the case then I understand that maybe even Ace high would be interesting to call with for our hero here.
      Once again I don't know much about "where we are in the game" or how many hands they have played and how the different showdowns previously turned out. Assuming that we are are in a more "wild" stage of the game then if both players actually had a hand I must add that there is no folding here post draw.

So from his A-high flush draw hero makes AA. Is it a given call? Well normally if it was a ring-game - not many times it's a good call given the context predraw. Here it is not a bad call assuming that perhaps SB/BTN is on "stall-mode".