UTG: $2.06
      UTG+1: $0.65
      MP: $2.04
      MP+1: $2.85
      LP: $2.24
      CO: $1.97

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:diamond: 4:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.02, fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.07, 3 players) 8:diamond: Q:diamond: A:heart:
      Hero checks, MP+1 checks, BTN bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, fold

I was thinking: even in a mwp i think the fold option here is never an option so that leaves me 2 options here and my doubt is which one is the most correct:

i could call here and if my draw completed i doubt id get the right implied odds later in the hand by just calling a bet on an unraised pot; on the other hand i think id be able maybe to induce a bluff;

or i could raise like i did maybe taking the pot just there though if i would take the pot there i doubt i could get more value later; and even if they called i could send a 2nd barrel and maybe a 3rd one: if one of them called a raise on a flop with 2nd pair i think one of em would call a 2nd aswell at the very least; and even if the hand was better than mine i think i have enough outs here to make a raise

ty
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello padretino,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Rather just Bet yourself the flop than Check/Raise it. Against any kind of 2pair/sets you ain't doing that great with your equity:

Board: A:heart: Q:diamond: 8:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    64.51%  62.12%   2.38% { 88, AQs, A8s, AQo, A8o }
      UTG+1  35.49%  33.11%   2.38% { Ad4d }

Best regards.