SB: $8.76
      BB: $1.20
      UTG: $5.06
      UTG+1: $7.82
      MP: $6.00 (1300)16/13/79(CBF)/56(CBT)
      Hero (MP+1): $6.33

SB posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero has Q:club: Q:heart:

fold, fold, MP raises to $0.21, Hero calls $0.21, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.51, 2 players) 6:spade: 8:diamond: 8:club:
      MP bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.11, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      MP bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

River: ($2.61, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      MP checks, Hero checks

MP shows 5:spade: 5:club: (Full House, Fives full of Eights) (Pre 20%, Flop 11%, Turn 91%)
      Hero mucks Q:club: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Eights) (Pre 80%, Flop 89%, Turn 9%)
      MP wins $2.46

Preflop: Standard play vs TAG.
      I had more pocket Q vs this player when he opened raise. How can I adjust my play vs this opponent if I know that he opens raise with any PP's... can I 3B this player with JJ or QQ? What do u think?
      Turn: what do u think about this call on this board? I decided to call because of his high CBT stats. He could have played pocket 9, T, or J.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Turn: There is anyways no point to raise since we just isolate against better hands. Most of the worse hands and weak pairs will fold.
      River: Kinda close, guess Checking for the showdown is also fine. There are of course some hands which might even pay you like 99-JJ but as well there are some overpairs which beat you and obviously even stronger hands. Don't forget to take a note on that guy how he played his hand.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Turn: There is anyways no point to raise since we just isolate against better hands. Most of the worse hands and weak pairs will fold.
      yeap... there is no point about raising... I was thinking about call. Was it correct? but what u wrote I think that was ok.

How can I adjust my play vs this opponent if I know that he opens raise with any PP's... can I 3B this player with JJ or QQ? I'm talking about preflop action of course.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Of course you can but the question is how you gonna proceed with them. With QQ it's even better since JJ might even be in his range. But with JJ it's a bit closer.

But if you decided to go for a 3bet then practically your plan should be as well to go broke than just turn your hand into bluff.