Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero has 9:club: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.24, fold, BB calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.51, 2 players) 9:spade: J:diamond: Q:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($2.11, 2 players) A:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.11, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      BB bets $1.05, fold

Flop: what do u think about call his rr?
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      I am jamming the flop. We stole with a marginal hand and caught bottom two pair - we are in front of a ton of his check, min-raise range. Id expect that kind of weak raise to be a pair, perhaps a pair and a draw (JT, QT, KQ, 9T, two diamonds, AQ). If the villain is a reasonable player holding a genuine made hand (8T, KT, sets, JQ) they would be putting in a genuine raise to protect on such a juicy flop.

By calling behind on the flop then checking behind on the turn you essentially made your two pair into a bluff catcher. Unless the villain is a habitual check-raiser then his min-raise on the flop was an info raise - do you have anything? You answered "maybe" then said "haha, just kidding" when you checked behind on the turn.

I think you lost here to KQ, and his river bet isn't a bluff or a flush. Its a value bet to get paid by TT or JT.
    • veriz
      Hello BGawli,

Flop: Well before asking the question we should ask what kind of opponent are we against? Against some I am consider going broke, against some I am just flatting, against some I might even fold. :) But of course passive line is an option in this case to Bet/Call it if you ain't sure if he even can raise you with worse. But if he had a made hand, would he min-raise you? On such draw-heavy board? Only reasonable hand might be something like K:dT which is pretty sure that he will win the pot.

As played
      Turn: Why do you Check it behind here? Rather bet it for protection from any kind of draws. Usually it's a sign of weakness when he decides to Check on this situation. You practically giving him free cards. Also we would get free showdown with it.

As played
      River: In those situations I guess there is not much even to talk about when you decided to Check the turn. Your Check behind on turn reason must be some kind of bluff-induce, therefore should have also the read on river yourself rather than ask for any opinion. (there is no pot control line on turn I'd say) :) Should have played it differently on early streets.

But once again I really advice to sticking to stats and at least understand what kind of opponent you are against. You ain't gonna beat higher limits if you are sticking to just always unknown opponents and not giving any information.

Best regards.