Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG nunucbka888 ($6.49)
      UTG+1 WarHummer1 ($22.05)
      CO socrates0073 ($10)
      BTN Herzog ($10.24)
      SB Tosh5457 ($12.25)
      BB grabchipsAAA ($5.16)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Tosh5457 is SB Q:club: A:spade:
      nunucbka888 calls $0.10, WarHummer1 calls $0.10, socrates0073 calls $0.10, Herzog calls $0.10, Tosh5457 raises to $0.80, nunucbka888 says "..", 1 fold, nunucbka888 folds, WarHummer1 folds, socrates0073 folds, Herzog calls $0.70

Flop: 5:spade: 7:club: 10:spade: ($2.00, 2 players)
      Tosh5457 bets $1.40, Herzog calls $1.40

Turn: Q:diamond: ($4.80, 2 players)
      Tosh5457 checks, Herzog checks

River: 8:club: ($4.80, 2 players)
      Tosh5457 bets $3

Stats: 18/11/5.0/17 in 64 hands

I think he can only have a PP given his call/call preflop, or even remotely suited connects. But I doubt it, because the pot's too big to call with SCs.

So on the flop I put him on 88-99 and a set.

On the turn I went for c/c and planning to c/f on the river (if he bets on the turn). If he has a PP, it's better if I check so he won't be scared of the Q. If he has a set and bets, I'll fold on the river. If he CBH with set, I'll lose a bet anyway on the river.

On the river I think my bet was too big, and can scare 88-99 and even JJ. Maybe I should just bet 1/2 there.

What do you think?
  • 4 replies
    • tofu22
      i think your ch on the turn is bad, you gave villain a free card.
    • kyhlze
      I think you put him on a way to tight range given the preflop action. He calls 6bb in a pot of 13,5bb. I think his range is all pp's(maybe he has TT, maybe not) and a lot of suited connectors, like 67s to QJs. When he calls you on the flop i discard the smallest pp's 22,33,44 and maybe he folds 66 as well. So he still has 55,77,88,99 and maybe TT in his range. In his range of suited connectors that are not spades I think he will call at least the flop with 67,T9 and JT, and he will ofcourse call all of the SCs that are spades.
      So when you hit your Q on the turn I think you have to make a bet for value because you beat a big part of his range, and you dont want to let him get a free card since a lot of his range consist of draws that can improve to a better hand than yours.
      As played I think you're right about you're river bet being to big.
    • Jaissica
      Nice PFR sizing.

Flop standard.

Turn: you really should second barrel that card. On a T-high flop plenty of players will call a cbet with unimproved PP or Tx hands, much less draws. No draw got there on that Q. Bet-fold it for value and protection. Unimproved PPs are folding, sets are raising, draws are calling. Some Tx hands are calling.

On the river, check-call. 8 :club: is not really a scare card - not many sane draws made it (maybe a combo draw that was looking for a flush could catch a straight). Not many worse hands are calling you here (Tx, JJ rarely, while what are hands like QJ doing still here?). Let the villain bluff his broken draw and catch a bullet, or give a free showdown and win anyway.
    • veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

One thing with the weak-tight I'd advice, try not putting player names but rather hide them. There is a spot which you have to mark and it will hide the names.

Turn: I'd definitely go for 2nd barrel here, he can't only have PPs here and even if he does then he is very likely to Call you. With Check/Call you wont achieve much but just turn your hand into bluff-catcher while Check/Call turn & Check/Fold river is often a very weak line while he may easily even bluff against you 2 streets. 2nd barrel it and protect your hand and most likely might even gain free showdown or even can Call the river vs missed draws if you expect him to have any.

As played
      River: Don't think that you would scare 88 since it makes set on river. So 99/JJ and we don't want to scare away those hands. Plus I doubt that he has those hands in his range. Definitely not JJ while he would raise with them. So practically our bet on river is the idea of betting for value and now is the question how much to bet? Guess I'd pick the size about the same ~1/2 till $3. $3 might just avoid him raising you on river, if it's too small it might induce him to raise.

Best regards.