$7.57
      BB (Hero):
      $10.84
      MP3:
      $7.84
      CO:
      $10.73

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, T.
      3 folds, SB raises to $0.25, Hero raises to $1.00, SB raises to $1.80, Hero raises to $10.94, SB calls $5.82.

Flop: ($18.41) J, 4, K (2 players)

Turn: ($18.41) 8 (2 players)

River: ($18.41) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $18.41.

He was very loose, had high VPIP and PFR.

The problem with 4bet is that even against a donk, I'll be at best on a flip. Maybe I just should lay it down, I think I just got irritated because of that annoying mini 4bet :facepalm:
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Well, as you say he has high VPIP/PFR then I doubt that it's purely off to 3bet here. Most likely I would have done the same. But the question is how to proceed after it.

(1) Call - rather not the greatest play. While he even ain't fully stacked and obviously we don't want to see any overcards. Also our main plan with 3bet is to do it for value, ain't it? Conclusion -> option (2)
      (2) Go Broke - most likely our idea of 3bet was that we also plan to go broke. Unless we expect the opponent rather be tighter with his 4bets. Was he? But of course as you mentioned even yourself that we at the best get a coinflip anyways here. Which moves us towards the variance question -> option (3)
      (3) Fold - our plan here would be to avoid variance and make the fold. Although if he is rather aggressive player then do we really want him to start playing back against us with any hands? If we continue doing those kind of folds then he he will practically adjust to us and might even go for 4bets very often like this.

So from my thoughts I'd say that I'd still go for option (2) unless I have other reads/stats that he ain't doing 4bets that loose. We can't force the results always make us fold in those spots and be result oriented. But obviously folding would be just the safest play and avoid the flip/variance.

Best regards.