Adaptions to SH from FR.

• PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      What adaptions need to be made? Sure Blinds come round more often, games are more aggressive etc. But whats unique about SH from FR?

Doing some math in PT3, if i take my win rate from FR and then if i drop the 1st 3 positions and add it up again (so it's like SH) i have a lower BB/100 that i would if i didn't drop the first 3 positions. Why is this? Because the first 3 positions in a FR table are almost irrelevant as you play so tight from them. This seems odd as SH you supposedly meant to be able to achieve higher winrates SH.

So what needs to be done/tuned to achieve this higher win rate? Button vs blind situations will be the same, UTG SH is just like HJ -1 in FR, so where does the difference/scope come into play to improve win rate?

Thanks.
  • 2 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi PAJ

Money at the Poker tables moves clockwise from the blinds to the button. In the blinds you lose the most and in the late position you make the most (or lose the least).

If that's not the case there can be several reasons like sample size or the maybe you are not playing correctly IP or OOP.

As for adapting to SH, generally speaking people play a lot looser in 6 max and the blinds come faster. Because of the latter you cannot wait any longer for premium hands to play and because of the former you can

1) extend your value range
      2) bluff some more as they have so much more hands that can't withstand a 3bet

I hope that clears things a bit.

regards

Thazar
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Hi Thazar.

Oh yes i'm already awear of that stuff (don't let my bronze status fool you, i'm playing un-tracked atm). My $/per hand decreases every posistion off of the button.

From the blinds i'm lossing half of what i would if i fold every hand (so bb i'm losing 1/2 a bb and SB im losing 1/4bb). << I feel this is important to share because my next conclusion was going to be maybe weak blind play, but i asume this is about the expected amount to lose from the blinds?

Well the odd thing is my FR win rate is 5.23pt3BB/100 over a solid sarmple of 40k hands. Now if i drop the first 3 posistions and work out my winrate for: MP2, HJ, CO, BU, SB & BB my winrate is 4.11pt3BB/100.

"As for adapting to SH, generally speaking people play a lot looser in 6 max and the blinds come faster. Because of the latter you cannot wait any longer for premium hands to play and because of the former you can" <<< Well what is so different? SH is just FR take away the first 3 positions right? I mean first in on the button in both formats should be played the same, as should CO & HJ, in all of these posistions.

the widest my 3betting range gets is: any PP, SC's, Suited 1 gappers, A-Xs, A-2/3/4/5os, any 2 broadways.