CO: $1.41
      BTN: $2.58

SB: $1.66
      Hero (BB): $2.03
      UTG: $1.75
      UTG+1: $0.77

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 9:heart: 9:spade:

fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.06, fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.18, 3 players) 2:club: 2:spade: 6:heart:
      SB bets $0.13, Hero raises to $0.38, fold, fold

SB is a bit loose 20/10 AF infinite over 30 hands

I think in this particular spot i should raise especially to protect against overcards cos since its a doubled board it connects weakly with the villains range; so here i think i can raise though i dont know if calling would be a good option here too. but by calling here i think im risking into complicating a lot my hand id have probably to reevaluate my hand before a 2nd barrel and with any overcard i think id get into a tough spot then
  • 3 replies
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      Yeah. Reise here is fine. But you can call here and let your opponet 2nd barell theres no draw and only thing you shoud afraid is over card.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      30 hands isn't a great read for anything.

You could easily consider just giving up here. It would rarely be the wrong thing to do - with aggression in front of you and the preflop raiser behind you, you are the meat in a strength sandwich with a moderate hand.

That said I don't mind the raise on the flop. SB's flat, donk is normally 33-JJ minus 66, sometimes 6x suited connectors, rarely anything else. Personally I often like to donk out with set-type hands but the far more common play is to slowplay or check-raise, so we are often in front of the SB's range - and have a ton of fold equity against some of what beats us (TT, JJ). Having decided to take the aggressive line, I think raise-fold, bet turn, check river is our overall line unimproved vs SB if CO folds, but we should instantly surrender if the CO stays in the pot.

Both moves are probably fine. Personally I am more nitty and would prefer the surrender option, just because you could easily find yourself stuck between a bigger overpair (TT+) and 66, or even two bigger overpairs. We generate some fold equity against CO QQ+ hands, but a lot of players cant surrender such hands ever, much less on dry flops like this.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello padretino,

I am not a huge fan of raising actually. You are practically just donating money to him if he has some kind of overpair. Doubt that he is going to continue with just overcards here and that you can make better hands to fold since you can't represent much. Therefore, I'd rather Call it and reevaluate it on further streets. :)

Best regards.