[NL2-NL10] Ac3d Am I getting tilt too much?

• anhvusa
      anhvusa
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.77
      CO:
      $2.76

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , 3:diamond:
      3 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.10, BB folds, CO calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.22) A:diamond: , 8:diamond: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, CO raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.82) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.39, CO calls $0.39.

River: ($1.60) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.76, CO raises to $1.52, Hero calls $0.76.

Final Pot: $4.64

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows two-pair, aces and jacks (As Jc)
      Hero shows (Ac 3d)

CO wins with two-pair, aces and jacks (As Jc)
  • 6 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      CO looks like a limp fish. You don't often want to be continuing when they start raising, because a passive player like this only raises with serious hands.

I am definitely betting the flop, in reaction to the min raise I would think "I should fold" then call anyway. But I would check the turn and see what the mostly passive guy does there. If he bets again I would release.

Take three streets off these guys with TPGK (some limpfish will call with anything, gutshots, backdoor flush draws, underpairs) but get out of the way mostly if they start raising unless you can beat 2 pair.
    • kyhlze
      kyhlze
      Bronze
      One thing is for sure and that is that you're betsizing on the turn and river is wrong. You want to be betting somewhere between 1/2 pot sized bet and maybe almost to a pot sized bet(if you think the opponent is bad enough to call such high raise). You dont want to give your opponent even close to good enough odds to call with drawing hands.
    • n3w8i3
      n3w8i3
      Bronze
      i would fold this after his raise on flop - because he called your raise, so it is very likely that he has Ax, and your kicker is very low...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello anhvusa,

Preflop: Even isolating with A3o is pretty close here. :) If we don't know that he is easily limp/folding or even folding postflop we ain't gonna play the hand very profitable.

As played
      Flop: While he seems to be rather loose/passive guy I might even make the nitty fold right here. We will be playing OOP and if you are making such mistakes then on further streets then you should definitely Bet/Fold it.

As played
      Turn: What's the idea behind the min-bet? Don't like it at all! Rather Check it and reevaluate his further actions. Most likely those hands what you beat like draws would just Check behind.

As played
      River: Don't really see what we beat here or we can get value from. :( Check/Fold.

Best regards.
    • anhvusa
      anhvusa
      Bronze
      Welcome and thanks to all contructive feedback and discussion about my bad hand (I thought so).

Actually, at first, I just wanted to apply (like a test in real play) what I've learned like isolating a player, protection my hands etc. but the trouble began when I let my emotion got involved in too much, instead of concentration. Therefore, that was a bad result I've received. :D

@veriz: the min-bet that I made in turn is just to make the next move based on the reaction of the CO. In addition, I aslo wanted to protect my AA from his flush draw (what I thought at that moment). But the mistake I've made in this street is to make a small bet. Right?

Best regards

anhvusa
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hehe, you ain't protecting your Ax hand from a draw since you are giving perfect odds for them and not forcing to make mistakes. :(