[NL2-NL10] NL4 K6off SB to BB Preflop

• Chromehead
      Chromehead
      Bronze
      Ongame Network $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 1431666
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $3.96
      BB: $2.07
      UTG: $1.08
      UTG+1: $0.66
      MP1: $4.04
      MP2: $1.11
      CO: $5.68
      BTN: $2.57

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is SB with 6 :diamond: K :club:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.24) 7 :heart: 3 :diamond: J :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, BB calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.60) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20

River: ($1.00) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

PREFLOP: Is a raise ok here with 6 :diamond: K :club: ? It is 54% equity against any 2 random cards. Is that enough of an edge, considering that he may well have a calling range a lot tighter than that anyway? If BB calls he probably has better cards than me , but I have the initiative, and depending on the flop, will be first to act for a cbet. If he 3bets Iam folding.

FLOP: I know I made some mistakes postflop.
      I think the cbet against such a dry board is ok.

TURN: 6 :heart: gives me a pair and more equity against his likely range of higher pairs and face cards, Ax , and suted aces and kings. I think maybe I should have check/ folded in case he was ahead and bet. As it was I wasn't confident enough to put in a 2/3 raise so a blocking bet, and he called.

RIVER: 7 :diamond: BB definately still has sevens in his range A7 suited, & offsuit, maybe K7 suited, so I checked ready to fold to a raise, or call a small bet.He checked behind and mucked when my 6 :diamond: K :club: shows.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Chromehead,

The main problem is on the bet sizing on turn. If you really want him to make fold some even better pairs/PPs then you have to bet it bigger. ~$0,40+. Such a min-bet wont ever make him fold any pair. :)

Best regards.