This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 K6off SB to BB Preflop

• Chromehead
      Chromehead
      Bronze
      Ongame Network $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 1431666
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $3.96
      BB: $2.07
      UTG: $1.08
      UTG+1: $0.66
      MP1: $4.04
      MP2: $1.11
      CO: $5.68
      BTN: $2.57

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is SB with 6 :diamond: K :club:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.24) 7 :heart: 3 :diamond: J :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, BB calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.60) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20

River: ($1.00) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

PREFLOP: Is a raise ok here with 6 :diamond: K :club: ? It is 54% equity against any 2 random cards. Is that enough of an edge, considering that he may well have a calling range a lot tighter than that anyway? If BB calls he probably has better cards than me , but I have the initiative, and depending on the flop, will be first to act for a cbet. If he 3bets Iam folding.

FLOP: I know I made some mistakes postflop.
      I think the cbet against such a dry board is ok.

TURN: 6 :heart: gives me a pair and more equity against his likely range of higher pairs and face cards, Ax , and suted aces and kings. I think maybe I should have check/ folded in case he was ahead and bet. As it was I wasn't confident enough to put in a 2/3 raise so a blocking bet, and he called.

RIVER: 7 :diamond: BB definately still has sevens in his range A7 suited, & offsuit, maybe K7 suited, so I checked ready to fold to a raise, or call a small bet.He checked behind and mucked when my 6 :diamond: K :club: shows.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Chromehead,

The main problem is on the bet sizing on turn. If you really want him to make fold some even better pairs/PPs then you have to bet it bigger. ~$0,40+. Such a min-bet wont ever make him fold any pair. :)

Best regards.