Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5
      Hero:
      $5.18

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , A:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) 8:heart: , 8:diamond: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.27, Hero calls $0.27.

Turn: ($0.96) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.62, Hero calls $0.62.

River: ($2.20) 7:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.20

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and eights (Ah Ac)
      BB shows (As Qd)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and eights (Ah Ac)
  • 8 replies
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      Re-raise on flop/ re-raise on turn.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Raise-jam the flop. There are not many 8x hands in this villain's range if he has only played 1 hand in the 27 you have seen, and that only leaves 44 beating you.

More likely you are going to take value off weaker over pairs in this situation.
    • padretino
      padretino
      Bronze
      i lean towards raising the flop aswell; like jaissica said there arent many 8x hands that would called BB except A8, 8x suited i guess so i think he could have lead that flop with air/overpairs/2nd pairs so i think that in this case you should raise/fold.

i dont agree with jamming cos in these stakes i dont think the usual player would 4bet shove you without the 8

maybe id then raise-jam the turn and if he'd trap you with an 8x id make a note bout it
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello flowinel,

Nah, your play should be totally fine here. Most likely if he is really a nitty player then he ain't gonna play with a lot worse PPs/pairs anyways if we raise there. The good thing with Calling is that you might even keep bluffs/semi-bluffs in the hand. :)

But of course there is also the option even to raise it here. If we are raising then our plan would be very likely also to go broke.

Also of course take a note with what he picked such a line.

Best regards.
    • padretino
      padretino
      Bronze
      dont you think you could ve bet the river there?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by padretino
      dont you think you could ve bet the river there?
      Yeah, you could but it's rather thin value. For the given note-taking I'd even sometimes prefer Checking behind which is more worthy.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello flowinel,

Nah, your play should be totally fine here. Most likely if he is really a nitty player then he ain't gonna play with a lot worse PPs/pairs anyways if we raise there. The good thing with Calling is that you might even keep bluffs/semi-bluffs in the hand. :)

But of course there is also the option even to raise it here. If we are raising then our plan would be very likely also to go broke.

Also of course take a note with what he picked such a line.

Best regards.
      Even if this was against a loose player, raising/shoving flop is still dangerous no? Usually when I see that the villain has trips, I think that only a maniac would re-raise with PPs.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Depends on your expectations, against some stations why not to go broke? But as you may understand that against some standard player we wont get it in since we did show strength preflop and now if we raise it on flop we are pretty much representing only a strong range.