UTG ($7.81)
      Hero ($5.85)
      BTN ($3.94)

Dealt to Hero 3:spade: 6:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.16, BTN calls $0.16, SB calls $0.14, fold

FLOP ($0.52) 5:spade: A:diamond: 4:club:

SB bets $0.37, Hero folds, BTN folds

SB wins $0.50

i took fold option as it just seemed too expensive to continue :-(, especially with BTN to act

option 2, i guess is to call for one (don't know what BTN will do though), and see if my hand develops into a low spade flush draw... or of course maybe we spike the open ender

or raise myself and find out if SB was just donking for fun (my guess is that he doesn't fold a lot though)
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      What is the hero image here? I imagine it is not very tight if 36s is in our open raise range from the cut off. VPIP 40 PFR 30 ORL 70?

SB can have any ace here and bet into you with confidence if your image is anything like that.

If you are raising this loose with 36s, what flops do you intend to continue on? This is in the higher end of all possible flops for 36s. It is even better than flush draw flops, as a low straight is less often beaten by another straight as a low flush is beaten by a big flush, and straights are less obvious than flushes to TAGfish with pairs to protect.

Your decision is to raise or call. Folding here makes a complete mockery of the decision to raise / play such a hand in the first place.

I would call (with BTN behind raising only exposes us to throwing money at a set, while if SB has an ace, we have bugger all fold equity anyway) and draw at my OESD for at least one street. It is wildly unlikely that the SB will fold - or even stop barreling - if your OESD hits as it is hard to put anyone on 63s (or even any 3 here, in the case of a 2 turn), much less the pre flop raiser. The implied odds easily make up for the slight overpayment we make for the draw.

Shouldn't have raised preflop, shouldn't have folded postflop.
    • Muffin003
      thanks for the comment

not a standard open sure, but my stats were 11 & 11 over 200 hands... completely card dead so i was expecting a little respect ... unfortunately hadn't noticed that 2 of the players behind me were new to the table, and not the rocks that were there 2 orbits before, so yes it probably was a mistake to open that there, but not a big one imho, anyways 63s arrives and believe me it feels like AA hence the speculative open

i think i agree now a call on the flop is better than the fold as it is obviously the flop i was looking for, the large donk confused me, and so i gave it up
    • veriz
      Hello Muffin003,

Preflop: Should be a standard fold. :) 36s ain't the best hand to play from CO.

As played
      Postflop: If you are playing with such hands preflop then how can you fold here vs a donk? You are getting good implied odds and might even sometimes take down it on turn with betting if he Checks to you. Since the donk ain't very likely a Ax hand.

Best regards.