Muffin003

• Muffin003
      Muffin003
      Silver
      I am a dedicated learner of the game.

Thanks to a few hundred thousand hands playing SNG's, MTT & then joining PS, and starting with SSS i have 3 reasonable bank rolls to get started with.

Now I am switching to BSS, and learning that tournament play and ridiculous rockness doesn't cut it at the 6max tables ;-).

So i am here to rewire my brain and get short handed cash game sorted, to allow me the freedom to work/play when and where i want.
  • 2 replies
    • Muffin003
      Muffin003
      Silver
      Do the homework:

Question 1:

Started playing poker because i like being self employed. Like in work although i can choose to work where I want, I also want to choose when I want... and when I progress to the higher levels, for as little or as much as I want. And of
      course to make it big !

Question 2:

Well right now i still have my brain trapped in the SNG, MTT & SSS mode, which is leading me to make decisions which are probably not right in the long term, after 100k hands on 6max and breaking even, it was time to fix it.

Especially the aspect of thinking through and having a plan for the hand which i didn't have to do very often at the other game styles.

So I am using this to completely rewire, I have been through all the articles up to here now for the second time and am through a lot of videos (thanks hasenbraten, ge5stern, tribuncaeser, twicet etc.., just made my way into the NL25 videos actually). Slowly i am seeing some improvements.

Anyway, I appreciate that this set of training at the moment is way below my understanding of poker in general, i want to restart here as a complete beginner. Even to the extent that I am again starting out at each of the lowest NL SH levels on the 3 sites that i am regularly on, so thats NL10, NL4, NL4 for now. And I will basically earn 30BI's at each level before moving up, despite what my bank roll allows.

Not too concerned about tilting, we all do it from time to time, but playing SSS robot and converting €30 -> €1800 in 6 months from the fish on the austrian win2day site is an easy way to learn that bad beats are very small bumps in a very long road

Question 3:

Playing selectively and positionally pre flop, and playing with good agression in the right spots post flop
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

But do you do anything against tilt? For example:
      Easiest wait to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play.

Although it seems that you already doing somewhat great in poker and are more experienced player. Hopefully we will be able to teach you something more. :)

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.