[NL2-NL10] nl2 - AQ nice value

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Considered checking the river for a second, then figured that the jack really isn't a very scary card. Giving villian some credit, I figure he isn't calling two barrels with just a pair of jacks.

Decided its just about worth another value bet on river, then had to call push as odds are too good. Wasn't too happy to see the push, when I called I half expected to see AK, AJ or some kind of slow played set, but given the odds I really had to call.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.11
      CO:
      $1.21

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , Q:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.07, 2 folds, CO calls $0.07, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.17) A:spade: , J:diamond: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.13, CO calls $0.13.

Turn: ($0.43) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.27, CO calls $0.27.

River: ($0.97) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, CO raises to $0.74 (All-In), Hero calls $0.34.

Final Pot: $2.45

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and jacks (Ac Qs)
      CO shows (Ks Qc)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and jacks (Ac Qs)
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Bet the turn bigger for better protection and ship the river yourself. There are a lot of Ax hands which may even be in his calling range. Plus he ain't even fully stacked.

Best regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      The smaller bet on the turn is a bit of a leak in my game.

I'm not 100% comfortable getting it all-in with just top pair, and I think this comes through in my slightly smaller bet size which then doesn't protect quite as much as it should.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Philfox1985
      The smaller bet on the turn is a bit of a leak in my game.

I'm not 100% comfortable getting it all-in with just top pair, and I think this comes through in my slightly smaller bet size which then doesn't protect quite as much as it should.
      Why shouldn't you? The guy has very wide calling range preflop + he doesn't even have full stack. There are also a lot of draws from we need to protect, with making it that smallish you are giving away very good odds and not forcing him to make mistakes. :(
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Didn't seem to matter with this villian, he was more than happy to make the mistake of shoving a bluff with no fold equity, and calling down with only a gut shot previously :P