To value bet or not to value bet? FL 5CD

• p44mc
      p44mc
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5/$10 Limit 5 Card Draw - 6 players - View hand 1432599
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Pre Draw: ($7) Hero is UTG with K :heart: K :diamond: K :club: 8 :diamond: 7 :heart:
      Hero raises, MP folds, CO 3-bets, BTN folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero caps!, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls

First Draw: ($80) (4 players)
      SB draws 1, BB draws 1, Hero draws 1, CO draws 1
      Hand: K :heart: K :diamond: K :club: 7 :heart: 2 :club:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds

Final Pot: $100
      Hero shows K :heart: K :diamond: K :club: 7 :heart: 2 :club: (three of a kind, Kings)
      Hero wins $97
      (Rake: $3.00)

SB and BB are playing very strange for this level, limping weak pairs and draws a LOT! CO is playing fairly standard, but I wouldn't say he's a solid player. Excluding quads or AAA the CO is most likely behind, but with 3 other players in the hand the chances of someone making a straight/flush or full house obviously increases - so is this the right way to proceed in a 4-way pot? I think I have to fold if the SB or BB check-raises, and flat a raise from the CO (assuming the SB+BB fold) - or should I just check here and call if the CO bets? (again assuming the SB+BB fold)

(CO had AA335)
  • 1 reply
    • sigauli
      sigauli
      Bronze
      It's NOT a very good idea to let CO decide whether to put the bet or not.

With a holding like this (Two Pair) he could easily decide to check back and you will loose your value.

Also the chance of SB and BB having completed their draw is somehow lower, because sometimes they will donk when they have improved hoping to make it a donk/3bet.

I see it as a clear b/f against a raise from anyone in the hand. You have put 4 bets Pre Draw, changed only 1, you aren't fooling around. If CO decides to reraise you he has minimum concealed Trips AAA.