A little testimonial from today

• NiN00
      NiN00
      Bronze
      Let me tell you what happened to me today. We play in kunas here. Live poker. 50 kunas is 500 chips. $10 is 50 kunas. Small stakes, yeah, but it's fine. So I've been playing good for like 5 hours or a bit more, I had around 400 kunas (~4k chips). That's when I started going a bit crazy, 'cause I've been really patient all night. In one hand I encountered AK with my Q4 of clubs. I 3 bet with it preflop. Everyone called. Guy with AK calls cold preflop. We're 4 handed, although everyone else's range is extra wide at this stage, as we're finishing. Flop is KJJ. Everyone checks. AK guy is on the BU and checks. Turn brings a 5, a complete blank. I'm in cutoff, so I bet 3/4. AK calls cold once again after a ton of deliberation (guy is weak and I've showed him a ton of winning hands). River brings a King, which makes him hand second nuts(or in real world, the nuts, as only quad jacks are better than him). I obviously cannot win with a queen high, and there was a ton in the pot, and I though he easily could have queens or tens. Tens would be useless, and he would definitely fold the queens. He actually never 4 bets queens, too. He shoved and I instant folded.

I lost like half of my stack there. Then, after 10 minutes, I lost everything else. It was thus:
      we agreed on the table we'll be playing 72 bounty, and as we're finishing, we're playing 4 handed. Guy under the gun stradled, so it's to me. I'm on the button with 35 offsuit. I call. Two others call. Then, he bets 220, about 3 times the pot. I was convinced he had 72, and was trying to pick up bounty. He already did it twice during the night. I shove 2000. This was a huge mistake(obviously), but I'll return to it later. Small blind (AK guy) folds, and so does the big blind, although he had AJ off suit (he'd win). The UTG / Stradle guy calls almost immediately. He shoved 89 of clubs. I had him covered too (I had 40 chips more). He called cold with 89, omg. Flop reads A2 something, aka I had a gutter for the wheel. But I got no help on later streets, and he won one of the biggest pots ever there, with a 9 high.

Nice
  • 2 replies
    • NiN00
      NiN00
      Bronze
      I forgot to finish the thought about the aforementioned self - admitted mistake. I should've raised to 600, not shove. If I did that, and he had 72 as I thought, he would probably fold. I don't seem him re-raising all in there, it just makes no sense. Calling - I doubt it too, even though is guy is weird. In the reality, he would call with 89 of clubs, and folded on the flop with my cbet, as he didn't connect with the flop at all.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      cool story bro