This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Poker + Music = Success?

• 11 replies
    • 07SAA07
      07SAA07
      Global
      music always helps me play better...i dont play as many hands
    • Phovos666
      Phovos666
      Bronze
      I like to listen music and playing but I prefer no-vocals songs, so I don't stick to the vocals and start singing :D
      Pure Trance sweets me right!!!
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      I think depending on what kind of music one is listening to (at what one is currently playing) it can definitaly be helpful or negative.

If I have random shuffle on and start playing bad I like to blame it on the song :D
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Good thread, i have never listened to the music when i was playing, as i am thinking a lot when playing. Last 2 weeks i am listening some commercial music, as i am feeling comfortable playing also with the music, but my results are not so good, so i think i wont listen it anymore. Especially i think if you are multitabling (10+ tables) whatever music can effect your concentration or play.....
    • Marivs
      Marivs
      Bronze
      I have a mp3 player playing in the background when I play poker but the music is very calm and the volume is turned almost completely down so I don't really listen to it, it's just that soft gentle tones help me rellax and keep me from tilting when I'm loosing my first AA of the evening to a 92o... but sometimes the music is no match for the tilt devill inside me :D
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Poker = succes on itself, music doesn't really change that
    • Marivs
      Marivs
      Bronze
      If you are a good player than Poker = succes on itself, but if you are an average Joe than Poker =/= succes but "= throwing money away" and we just love those average Joes :D
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      I always grew up listen to music while doing everything like homework, work, painting etc., but personally i am slightly ADD and having that extra little destraction allows me to focus better on the task at hand. When i try to focus on one thing my mind ends up wandering.

Sounds messed up i know but everyone is different so if music is working for you then stick to it, for others it may provide too much of a distraction.
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      I like to play some chill electronic music when I'm playing 4 tables at most. Usually I play more tables though, and then I don't like it because it hampers my thought process. Just a little bit, but "a bit" is already too much.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze

personally I am slightly ADD and having that extra little destraction allows me to focus better on the task at hand. When i try to focus on one thing my mind ends up wandering.
      Same here. I always listen to music, electronic mostly; EBM, chillout or trance. I think it helps a lot for concentration.
    • ratex
      ratex
      Bronze
      It's really relative.
      Some people enjoy listen to music while playing, some don't.

A good idea is try playing with and without music and see what happens! :P