• 11 replies
    • 07SAA07
      07SAA07
      Global
      music always helps me play better...i dont play as many hands
    • Phovos666
      Phovos666
      Bronze
      I like to listen music and playing but I prefer no-vocals songs, so I don't stick to the vocals and start singing :D
      Pure Trance sweets me right!!!
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      I think depending on what kind of music one is listening to (at what one is currently playing) it can definitaly be helpful or negative.

If I have random shuffle on and start playing bad I like to blame it on the song :D
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Good thread, i have never listened to the music when i was playing, as i am thinking a lot when playing. Last 2 weeks i am listening some commercial music, as i am feeling comfortable playing also with the music, but my results are not so good, so i think i wont listen it anymore. Especially i think if you are multitabling (10+ tables) whatever music can effect your concentration or play.....
    • Marivs
      Marivs
      Bronze
      I have a mp3 player playing in the background when I play poker but the music is very calm and the volume is turned almost completely down so I don't really listen to it, it's just that soft gentle tones help me rellax and keep me from tilting when I'm loosing my first AA of the evening to a 92o... but sometimes the music is no match for the tilt devill inside me :D
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Poker = succes on itself, music doesn't really change that
    • Marivs
      Marivs
      Bronze
      If you are a good player than Poker = succes on itself, but if you are an average Joe than Poker =/= succes but "= throwing money away" and we just love those average Joes :D
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      I always grew up listen to music while doing everything like homework, work, painting etc., but personally i am slightly ADD and having that extra little destraction allows me to focus better on the task at hand. When i try to focus on one thing my mind ends up wandering.

Sounds messed up i know but everyone is different so if music is working for you then stick to it, for others it may provide too much of a distraction.
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      I like to play some chill electronic music when I'm playing 4 tables at most. Usually I play more tables though, and then I don't like it because it hampers my thought process. Just a little bit, but "a bit" is already too much.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze

personally I am slightly ADD and having that extra little destraction allows me to focus better on the task at hand. When i try to focus on one thing my mind ends up wandering.
      Same here. I always listen to music, electronic mostly; EBM, chillout or trance. I think it helps a lot for concentration.
    • ratex
      ratex
      Bronze
      It's really relative.
      Some people enjoy listen to music while playing, some don't.

A good idea is try playing with and without music and see what happens! :P