• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      HoldemManager
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com
      villain is 27/23/20%3b, small sample
      I dont mind calling the 3b IP i think he 3bets pretty wide.
      Flop call standard? i didnt want to overplay TPGK.
      Turn, i am really unsure about his c/r range in this spot, i bet turn for value/protection because i think he cbets nearly 100% of his 3b range on this board, and can shuts down turn a lot. So standard stack off? i dont think theres a lot of bluffs in his range, but also not many superstrong hands.
      So my question is, what does this line from villain usually mean at these limits? i used the exact same line as villain a few days earlier with an overpair on a dryish ten high board, so got me a bit confused here

Stacks:
      UTG ($13.32)
      CO ($17.65)
      Hero (BTN) ($11.17)
      SB ($12.86)
      BB ($10.55)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BTN K:spade: Q:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: 2:spade: Q:club: 4:heart: ($1.85, 2 players)
      BB bets $1.32, Hero calls $1.32

Turn: 6:diamond: ($4.49, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB goes all-in $8.33, Hero calls $5.33

River: Q:diamond: ($21.15, 2 players, 1 all-in)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannywratten,

Preflop: If you have have rather small sample on him then how you can expect him to have pretty wide 3bet range? Sample size in those spots is very important. With KQo I'd make a standard fold.

As played
      Postflop: What else I can expect? :) Very often to be beat here, I don't expect the opponent to pick Check/Shove line with a lot worse. Although now again what else do you want to hit if you are going to Call with him preflop? Rather should avoid playing the hand preflop.

Best regards.
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      As played I'd check back the turn, by betting we don't get him to call much with worse, and if he makes this play with 88-JJ , which he would often barrel anyway I think we only have one street of value, I'd check back turn and call river or bet if he checks again.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by CheckBop
      As played I'd check back the turn, by betting we don't get him to call much with worse, and if he makes this play with 88-JJ , which he would often barrel anyway I think we only have one street of value, I'd check back turn and call river or bet if he checks again.
      Yep, totally true. Checking behind for bluff-induce and maybe value from worse PPs is an option as well.