DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $4.20
      Hero (BTN): $10.00
      SB: $11.02
      BB: $7.90
      UTG: $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with A :spade: K :diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 1 fold, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.75) 9 :diamond: 8 :heart: 6 :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.10, BB calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.95) A :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40

River: ($5.75) J :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30

Could i avoid this?
  • 8 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      thought how would i play this, and i would probably play it the same way, what about raising the turn?
    • juhiimi
      juhiimi
      Bronze
      Yes,but if i raise the turn he wont call my river bet in most cases with weaker hands,and if he goes all in on the turn i have to call but ussually i will be beat there,against two pair or sets.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I'd fold flop, because the board is too drawy and you'll very often get called, and a K or A pair in later streets might easily not be good.

I agree, don't raise on the turn, it would make 9x and 8x fold, and if you got 3betted you'd be behind. So all worse would fold (except maybe draw) and only better hands would continue.
      On the turn I put him on SDs, SD + pair, 9x and TT/JJ, 2p, sets. I think I'd call because it's very likely he has a SD + pair. I'd fold to a reasonable river bet.
    • jdnismo
      jdnismo
      Bronze
      I think river is a fold, while he's giving you such good odds, would he really bet a 9x/8x/6x hand or a busted SD/FD? Probably not, esp. after you raise flop and call the A on the turn. I think there is no way he is bluffing here, esp. considering the size.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jdnismo
      I think river is a fold, while he's giving you such good odds, would he really bet a 9x/8x/6x hand or a busted SD/FD? Probably not, esp. after you raise flop and call the A on the turn. I think there is no way he is bluffing here, esp. considering the size.
      I think this could be a blockbet that he'd do with Ax and 9x.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello juhiimi,

Flop: What's the reason for raising the flop? I doubt really that he is folding any of the donking hands. Of course he may. But there are just so many 2pair type of holdings, sets and even pair+draw whatsoever type of hands. You practically wont have any fold equity here at all.

As played
      Not much you can do vs that kind of bet sizes. There is no point to raise the turn either, you are just isolating yourself against better hands and making to fold all worse. But the river is kinda cruel, do you really expect him to barrel this way with just some weaker pair? I doubt that, only reason to Call the river is to take a note. :) Don't think that we beat a lot of hands there. Guess even not worth to Call for the note-taking.

Best regards.
    • jdnismo
      jdnismo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      I think it's so unlikely that he'd block bet river with 9x, there is no point in him doing it, does he really expect us to call with worse after we call A-high turn? As for Ax, would he really donk/call flop w/just A-high? I don't think so, so if he does have Ax is most likely a 2-pair hand.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      I think it's so unlikely that he'd block bet river with 9x, there is no point in him doing it, does he really expect us to call with worse after we call A-high turn? As for Ax, would he really donk/call flop w/just A-high? I don't think so, so if he does have Ax is most likely a 2-pair hand.
      Yea you're right I'm biased towards calling because a guy did that bet to me today, after donking the turn, and he was on a pure bluff. But I can't expect this to be a pure bluff or even a busted FD/SD ofc.