This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Elephant calculations seems wrong...

• Melwis
      Melwis
      Bronze
      After having played 468 hands on William Hill in the NL $0,01 / $0,02 limit Elephant tells me I have earned $0,76 and 10 hands in the FL $0,02 / $0,04 where I have earned $-0,05 (negative value). I have also played 2 SnG's where I placed 1 st in one and last in the other and since the one I lost had a larger buy-in my total earnings from SnG's is $-0,44 (negative value).

I started with a capital of $60 on WH and that means it should now be at $60,27 if i'm not mistaken ($60 + $0,76 - $0,05 - $0,44 = $60,27). The weird part is that my actual capital on WH as of now is at $60,15.

Any idea of what I could be missing that makes it seems like I lack $0,12? I really think Elephant is doing it's calculations correctly so i'm still fairly hopeful it's just somehing i'm missing out on.

EDIT: Problem solved, see post #3!
  • 3 replies
    • Melwis
      Melwis
      Bronze
      After having spent some time going through the history on WH (William Hill) it seems I have found something very odd...

I noticed that WH history and Elephant differed from each other on 2011-09-02 because when watching WH history it said I sat down at 3 tables total and at two of those I brought $2 and cashed out $1,97 and at the third table I also brought $2 but cashed out $1,85. This tells me that I lost 0,03 + 0,03 + 0,15 = $0,21 during this day but Elephant tells me I only lost $0,09. This is where it gets really interesting...

If I look more closely on WH history I can choose the table where I brought $2 and cashed out $1,85 and look through each hand that I played (monitored by WH history). I can easily see that I did not actually play any cards at all durings this table and the only time I lost money was during blinds. The fact is I lost a total of $0,03 in blinds at this table before I cashed out, so why did I only have $1,85 when I left the table (WH history says I cashed out $1,85 at this third table as I mentioned but at the same time if I look at each hand that I played at this table WH history tells me I only lost $0,03 and I brought $2 to start with)... It certainly seems odd.

The fact that Elephant also tells me that my total earnings on 2011-09-02 where $-0,09 (negative value) seems correct (since I played 3 tables and lost $0,03 on each) AND the difference between what Elephant says and the loss on WH history is exactly $0,12 meaning since I currently have $60,15 and adding this difference gives me $60,27 (which is what Elephant total earnings tells me I should have) it really, truly seems that William Hill robs me of $0,12 dollars during this single table.

Can this be true? :O
    • Melwis
      Melwis
      Bronze
      Problem solved!

For some reason there was a specific hand at this table session missing where I actually bet $0,12 but choose to fold after the flop is revealed.

There is a "Update local information"-button on William Hill when browsing a specific table session that you have played and when I pressed this, the mentioned hand appeared and Elephant successfully imported this so my total earnings is now correct. Even though it would have been better that I would have been correct in that my capital should have been $60,27 i'm still glad that Elephant and WH history is correct :)
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Alrighty then! :s_thumbsup: