Elephant calculations seems wrong...

• Melwis
      Melwis
      Bronze
      After having played 468 hands on William Hill in the NL $0,01 / $0,02 limit Elephant tells me I have earned $0,76 and 10 hands in the FL $0,02 / $0,04 where I have earned $-0,05 (negative value). I have also played 2 SnG's where I placed 1 st in one and last in the other and since the one I lost had a larger buy-in my total earnings from SnG's is $-0,44 (negative value).

I started with a capital of $60 on WH and that means it should now be at $60,27 if i'm not mistaken ($60 + $0,76 - $0,05 - $0,44 = $60,27). The weird part is that my actual capital on WH as of now is at $60,15.

Any idea of what I could be missing that makes it seems like I lack $0,12? I really think Elephant is doing it's calculations correctly so i'm still fairly hopeful it's just somehing i'm missing out on.

EDIT: Problem solved, see post #3!
  • 3 replies
    • Melwis
      Melwis
      Bronze
      After having spent some time going through the history on WH (William Hill) it seems I have found something very odd...

I noticed that WH history and Elephant differed from each other on 2011-09-02 because when watching WH history it said I sat down at 3 tables total and at two of those I brought $2 and cashed out $1,97 and at the third table I also brought $2 but cashed out $1,85. This tells me that I lost 0,03 + 0,03 + 0,15 = $0,21 during this day but Elephant tells me I only lost $0,09. This is where it gets really interesting...

If I look more closely on WH history I can choose the table where I brought $2 and cashed out $1,85 and look through each hand that I played (monitored by WH history). I can easily see that I did not actually play any cards at all durings this table and the only time I lost money was during blinds. The fact is I lost a total of $0,03 in blinds at this table before I cashed out, so why did I only have $1,85 when I left the table (WH history says I cashed out $1,85 at this third table as I mentioned but at the same time if I look at each hand that I played at this table WH history tells me I only lost $0,03 and I brought $2 to start with)... It certainly seems odd.

The fact that Elephant also tells me that my total earnings on 2011-09-02 where $-0,09 (negative value) seems correct (since I played 3 tables and lost $0,03 on each) AND the difference between what Elephant says and the loss on WH history is exactly $0,12 meaning since I currently have $60,15 and adding this difference gives me $60,27 (which is what Elephant total earnings tells me I should have) it really, truly seems that William Hill robs me of $0,12 dollars during this single table.

Can this be true? :O
    • Melwis
      Melwis
      Bronze
      Problem solved!

For some reason there was a specific hand at this table session missing where I actually bet $0,12 but choose to fold after the flop is revealed.

There is a "Update local information"-button on William Hill when browsing a specific table session that you have played and when I pressed this, the mentioned hand appeared and Elephant successfully imported this so my total earnings is now correct. Even though it would have been better that I would have been correct in that my capital should have been $60,27 i'm still glad that Elephant and WH history is correct :)
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Alrighty then! :s_thumbsup: