Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5
      MP3:
      $8.19

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , K:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.15, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.47, MP3 calls $0.32.

Flop: ($0.96) 7:spade: , 7:club: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.61, MP3 calls $0.61.

Turn: ($2.18) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75.

River: ($5.68) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $5.68
  • 3 replies
    • jdnismo
      jdnismo
      Bronze
      I would even bet the river for value, I think his range for calling 3bets IP looks something like 66-JJ,ATs+,KJs+,AQo+, when you bet the flop I don't think he would float w/AQo, AKo, so I think his range is something like 66+,ATs+,KJs+ with the spade draws.

When he bets turn I don't think he would do this w/ his FD as he can take free card, unless he is pretty aggressive so I think he is betting his PP 66+, so on that river we are still ahead of his range and could probably bet for value, esp. since he isn't likely to bet that river himself. But it's close, I think check river is fine too.

That is my opinion, now to wait for veriz to come and own me :f_cool:
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I'd bet/fold the turn, he can have a 89, 45, FD, so you need to protect. And if he has trips/set/FH he'll probably raise so you make any more call.

As played, what would you do if he betted the river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello CheckBop,

Don't really see why we should pick Check/Call line on turn and turn our hand into bluff-catcher. Rather 2nd barrel it and gain value from worse and maybe even from draws.

That's also the problem with river that you ain't gonna get value from weaker pairs/PPs if you play like this. :) He may Check behind a lot weaker pairs.

Best regards.