[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH, K4s, two pair turn

• inlovewithamsterdam
      BB's looks like a nit 8/1, AF=inf over 70-something hands.

On the Flop I called as I thought his small bet most likely represented a fd, overcards with BD draws or a weak PP - all hands that he'd be willing to give up unimproved.
      On the Turn when he raises it looks to me like AK, QsJs or Ksxs maybe AA, or otherwise a set which he played weirdly. I call thinking about all the Kx combos and draws I beat, but I'm not too happy. I plan to give up on the river if it brings a spade or an Ace.

River - I make a crying call thinking that I'm probably beat by a weirdly played set.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.47)
      BB ($8.85)
      UTG ($5.07)
      Hero ($8.08)
      BTN ($6.99)

Dealt to Hero 4:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, BB calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.32) 2:diamond: T:spade: 4:spade:

BB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

TURN ($0.52) 2:diamond: T:spade: 4:spade: K:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.10

RIVER ($3.52) 2:diamond: T:spade: 4:spade: K:heart: 6:diamond:

BB bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70

Hero shows 4:diamond: K:diamond: (Pre 32%, Flop 4.0%, Turn 4.5%) BB shows T:diamond: T:club: (Pre 68%, Flop 96.0%, Turn 95.5%) BB wins $8.49
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Well the problem with those kind of guys is that they often tend not to overplay their TP or either aggressively their draws. Which makes me rather doubt that we really beat that many hands on turn. Against that kind of nit-passive opponent I'd even consider Bet/Folding sometimes since there are even better 2pairs and of course sets possible.

But as played I doubt that we beat much there, I'd rather make the crying Fold than a Call. Those nit-passive players don't play TP type of hands aggressively, rather passively which would mean that they would Check/Call the turn, the same for draws.

Best regards.