$9.22
      BB:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $10.15
      BU (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, K.
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 3, J, 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.30

Stats: 26/19/6.0/13, fold BB vs steal = 40% in 55 hands

I put him mostly on air, because he wouldn't play a set like this, and with Jx I doubt he'd DB on a dry board like this. If it's a PP or 8x he'll probably fold to the raise. What do you think?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Well usually such donks doesn't make much sense. And I do agree with your thoughts. We can easily even make him fold right here vs even some weaker PPs/pairs and maybe even Jx if he is a reasonable fit/Fold guy. :D Plus of course we have some backdoors which will allow us to improve our equity vs any range.

Although of course it's the case that they wont fold Jx hands. But as I would consider him even Check/Raising or anything similar with set then I'd go for same line. But don't take it as habit, pick also the opponents against you doing. Take a look for example into their WTSD value and overall play-style. From which comes another "but", we don't have that great sample size. :(

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

Well usually such donks doesn't make much sense. And I do agree with your thoughts. We can easily even make him fold right here vs even some weaker PPs/pairs and maybe even Jx if he is a reasonable fit/Fold guy. :D Plus of course we have some backdoors which will allow us to improve our equity vs any range.

Although of course it's the case that they wont fold Jx hands. But as I would consider him even Check/Raising or anything similar with set then I'd go for same line. But don't take it as habit, pick also the opponents against you doing. Take a look for example into their WTSD value and overall play-style. From which comes another "but", we don't have that great sample size. :(

Best regards.
      Yea I did it because he seems solid enough, and his WTS is low. Thanks :f_thumbsup: