[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - QQ vs apparent regular

• Tosh5457
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, BU folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.3) 6, 2, 5 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, CO folds, SB calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.3) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.3) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.09, Hero calls ?(

Stats: 21/16/5.0/0 in 62 hands

Flop: When he calls I put him mostly on 77+ PPs, 78s, 67s and 65s and sets.

Turn: I didn't bet so he won't fold his PPs, which would be standard to do against a 2nd barrel on a A turn. This way I don't protect from SD, but he mostly has PPs in his range I guess.

River: It looks like it's contradictory to what I said earlier if I don't call, but I don't expect him to bet with PPs. Would he valuebet JJ or TT 2/3 of the pot? If he doesn't, it could be the busted 78, but it could also be 65, 67, 55, 66, 22 that failed to do a c/r on the turn.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

Turn: Most likely I'd rather Bet/Fold the turn for free showdown, sometimes we might even see any kind of draws in his range and obviously a lot of weaker PPs which may even pay you. The problem with Check behind is that we are turning our hand into bluff-catcher since we induce him to take stabs on us.

As played
      River: As I said, we turned our hand into bluff-catcher while Checking behind on turn. :P Can we expect him to bluff here? Of course there is a small chance, since the 6x makes even less likely for him to have it. Plus he might have those kind of missed SDs/GSs and maybe even some weaker PPs which turned his hand into bluff.

Best regards.