This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - QQ vs apparent regular

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $16.63
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP3 (Hero):
      $10.60

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, BU folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.3) 6, 2, 5 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, CO folds, SB calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.3) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.3) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.09, Hero calls ?(

Stats: 21/16/5.0/0 in 62 hands

Flop: When he calls I put him mostly on 77+ PPs, 78s, 67s and 65s and sets.

Turn: I didn't bet so he won't fold his PPs, which would be standard to do against a 2nd barrel on a A turn. This way I don't protect from SD, but he mostly has PPs in his range I guess.

River: It looks like it's contradictory to what I said earlier if I don't call, but I don't expect him to bet with PPs. Would he valuebet JJ or TT 2/3 of the pot? If he doesn't, it could be the busted 78, but it could also be 65, 67, 55, 66, 22 that failed to do a c/r on the turn.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Turn: Most likely I'd rather Bet/Fold the turn for free showdown, sometimes we might even see any kind of draws in his range and obviously a lot of weaker PPs which may even pay you. The problem with Check behind is that we are turning our hand into bluff-catcher since we induce him to take stabs on us.

As played
      River: As I said, we turned our hand into bluff-catcher while Checking behind on turn. :P Can we expect him to bluff here? Of course there is a small chance, since the 6x makes even less likely for him to have it. Plus he might have those kind of missed SDs/GSs and maybe even some weaker PPs which turned his hand into bluff.

Best regards.