This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - TPGK - valuebet 3 streets?

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $3.00
      MP3:
      $14.48
      CO:
      $25.76
      BU:
      $5.52
      SB (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A.
      MP3 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.80, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.7) Q, 3, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, MP3 calls $1.10.

Turn: ($3.9) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.30, MP3 calls $2.30.

River: ($8.5) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $8.5.

Results follow:

MP3 shows two pairs, nines and threes(9c 9s).
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and threes(Qc Ah).

Hero wins with two pairs, queens and threes(Qc Ah).

Unknown player.

First of all I think should have betted more on the turn, he may have a FD and PPs can call a higher bet.

On the river, should I valuebet 3 streets against an unknown player? He could call with Qx and maybe PPs, but if I valuebet I get pot commited and maybe that's overplaying a TPGK.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

What's your plan on river if he ships it? Of course it's an option to Check/Call vs missed draws.

But I guess while not knowing that the opponent is capable of doing that then I'd just bet a bit bigger on turn and ship it on river for value as I went for value-3bet preflop.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

What's your plan on river if he ships it? Of course it's an option to Check/Call vs missed draws.

But I guess while not knowing that the opponent is capable of doing that then I'd just bet a bit bigger on turn and ship it on river for value as I went for value-3bet preflop.

Best regards.
      I was planning on folding if he shipped it on the river. The only draw is a FD, imo it's even more likely he has a better hand than me if he shoves the river.

I didn't consider this a 3bet pot though, because the 3bet preflop to his miniraise was closer to a raise than a 3bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well true if we take him rather passive player then this is considerable. But while he is unknown I might just bet it bigger on turn and ship it. There will be still couple of hands which he might even feel himself committed like TT-JJ and maybe even weaker Qx.