[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - TPGK - valuebet 3 streets?

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $3.00
      MP3:
      $14.48
      CO:
      $25.76
      BU:
      $5.52
      SB (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A.
      MP3 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.80, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.7) Q, 3, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, MP3 calls $1.10.

Turn: ($3.9) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.30, MP3 calls $2.30.

River: ($8.5) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $8.5.

Results follow:

MP3 shows two pairs, nines and threes(9c 9s).
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and threes(Qc Ah).

Hero wins with two pairs, queens and threes(Qc Ah).

Unknown player.

First of all I think should have betted more on the turn, he may have a FD and PPs can call a higher bet.

On the river, should I valuebet 3 streets against an unknown player? He could call with Qx and maybe PPs, but if I valuebet I get pot commited and maybe that's overplaying a TPGK.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

What's your plan on river if he ships it? Of course it's an option to Check/Call vs missed draws.

But I guess while not knowing that the opponent is capable of doing that then I'd just bet a bit bigger on turn and ship it on river for value as I went for value-3bet preflop.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

What's your plan on river if he ships it? Of course it's an option to Check/Call vs missed draws.

But I guess while not knowing that the opponent is capable of doing that then I'd just bet a bit bigger on turn and ship it on river for value as I went for value-3bet preflop.

Best regards.
      I was planning on folding if he shipped it on the river. The only draw is a FD, imo it's even more likely he has a better hand than me if he shoves the river.

I didn't consider this a 3bet pot though, because the 3bet preflop to his miniraise was closer to a raise than a 3bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well true if we take him rather passive player then this is considerable. But while he is unknown I might just bet it bigger on turn and ship it. There will be still couple of hands which he might even feel himself committed like TT-JJ and maybe even weaker Qx.