BTN: $2.70
      Hero (SB): $6.05
      BB: $10.23
      UTG: $5.59
      MP: $3.48
      CO: $2.95

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has K:club: K:heart:

UTG calls $0.05, MP raises to $0.10, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.35, fold, fold, MP calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.80, 2 players) 3:spade: Q:club: 2:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.60, MP calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.00, 2 players) A:heart:
      Hero bets $0.80, MP calls $0.80

River: ($3.60, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.73 and is all-in, fold

MP wins $3.45

I hate the ace on the turn. :f_mad:

I don't think I played this hand particularly well, was the "second barrel" to represent an ace a bad decision?
  • 4 replies
    • padretino
      padretino
      Bronze
      hi zareos,

I know that kind of line from the villain can be really annoying and playing oop here just makes your play the more tougher.

the sizing on the turn was way too much smallish, a bigger bet here would let you extract more value from Qx type of hands or even some shitty 4x or 5x hands

if villains passive post flop, I really think theres not a lot you can do here though some stats would really help here, especially VPIP/PFR/AF

Ace high boards hit extremely well with villains range especially if they re loose PF but even so you lost a value extracting opportunity in the turn

i think in that case, in the river you re going to be behind almost everytime against TP/2pair so fold is the obvious choice

anyway make a note of his line so you can compare with future hands :s_grin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Zareos,

Guess I'd most likely Bet the turn a bit bigger $1,20 and then Check it on river and most likely even make the crying fold. Since I doubt a passive player would ever ship there with a lot worse.

Also something like AQ/QQ are in his range.

Best regards.
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      Originally posted by padretino
      if villains passive post flop, I really think theres not a lot you can do here though some stats would really help here, especially VPIP/PFR/AF
      After 71 hands the stats I had on the person are:

81/27/1.3
      VPIP/PFR/AF

With such a wide range, I assumed an Ace-rag was certainly plausible.... so I made the crying fold.

Did I analyse the statistics correctly?

Edit: Just looked up my hand using Equilab (downloaded for the first time tonight). I had 76.5% equity on the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well I still doubt that he is turning his Qx into bluff here. :) And of course his range may even consist of a lot Ax hands, maybe even A3/A2 if he has such a VPIP. Maybe even GS on flop with the Ax.