Villian is a 22/17 with a cbet %of 87%

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.71)
      Hero ($5.73)
      UTG ($5.24)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($6.55)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: 7:diamond: , fold, CO raises to $0.17, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.12

FLOP ($0.36) 3:heart: 6:club: T:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.23, Hero calls $0.23

TURN ($0.82) 3:heart: 6:club: T:heart: 7:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.85, CO raises to $4.60 (AI), Hero calls $2.75

RIVER ($10.02) 3:heart: 6:club: T:heart: 7:spade: 8:diamond:

CO shows 4:diamond: 5:diamond:
      (Pre 19%, Flop 23.8%, Turn 77.3%)

Hero shows 7:club: 7:diamond:
      (Pre 81%, Flop 76.2%, Turn 22.7%)

CO wins $9.53

Could I had played the hand better? or am i just unlucky?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello lokiah,

Guess as you Call the flop there is not much to do. He may easily even go broke there with TP/overpairs. Nice hand!

We could sometimes argue about playing it this way on flop and the float but of course it's doable if we expect the opponent to have rather wider range.

Best regards.
    • lokiah
      lokiah
      Bronze
      If it was you,how would u play this hand against a guy that would cbet most flop,esp that one.My line of thought was
      FLOP:hes cbetting wide there but i dont wanna get myself in trouble by raising on flop to expose myself to a shove which i would have to fold.

Turn:Bingo so im thinking I have the best hand here most of time even tho some draws got in 89,45 and i want to keep his bluffs in check as he seem to bet turn too wide on flops and turn like that.

When he bet big like that I kinda put him on ovepair kinda hand as it hence the check raise biggish.

When he shoves there I think based on my line I kinda have to call there..Bad luck i guess.

Would u think donking the flop would be better or even C/r but giving up if not improving (In this situation it obv is a cooler turn haha) but just in general how shlould i play pairs like this OOP agst aggresive opp?

Thx in adv
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      There are different cases. If I expect the opponent very often to 2nd barrel then I'd definitely go for Check/Raise. With it you as well even protect your hand from overcards.