Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.23
      MP2:
      $8.6

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:diamond: , T:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.40, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.40, 5 folds.

Too loose raising with ATs in EP?

Flop: ($0.95) J:heart: , T:heart: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.71, MP2 calls $0.71.

Middle pair TK - make a C-Bet against 1 opponent - fairly standard?

Turn: ($2.37) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.77, MP2 calls $1.77.

Fairly blank on the Turn (unless he was holding 89 or 77 but don't see either of those in his range, possibly 77) - right to fire a second barrel? I'm thinking he is playing a draw here as he is fairly aggressive.

River: ($5.91) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, MP2 raises to $5.72 (All-In), Hero calls $2.72.

Two pair on the river - I must be honest and I failed to really notice the completed straight here - was betting the wrong play do you think? ALmost certainly calling his All-in was I think. Don't see him bluffing an incomplete flush here. Moral of the story concentrate on the board texture.

Final Pot: $17.35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ad Td)
      MP2 shows a straight, ace high (Kd Qc)

MP2 wins with a straight, ace high (Kd Qc)
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Too loose raising with ATs in EP?
      - I would likely open, but I think standard play would be open AJs or even AQ

Middle pair TK - make a C-Bet against 1 opponent - fairly standard?
      - yes, seems fine

Fairly blank on the Turn (unless he was holding 89 or 77 but don't see either of those in his range, possibly 77) - right to fire a second barrel?
      - would likely prefer c/c to let him barrel his draws and go for pot control. Problem is if river is blank you have build big pot on the turn and you don´t really do what to do on blank river.

Two pair on the river - I must be honest and I failed to really notice the completed straight here - was betting the wrong play do you think?
      - standard bet and since he can shove river worse hands (like Ah7h)+ sometimes missed draws you can´t really b/f getting these odds. So I like b/c river
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Spidey1978,

I don't like ever Check/Calling the turn and turning our hand into bluff-catcher. We can't go for Check/Call on 2 streets. Rather 2nd barrel it and protect your hand if you expect the opponent drawing or floating a lot. Or either way if he is rather passive guy then might even be the idea of Check/Fold.

He would never-ever shove there with missed draws. :D He ain't getting enough of fold equity! Therefore he will mostly have only made hands there. Now is the question if he is capable of having them? Doubt that he is peeling with a lot A6/A7 hands unless they are A:h7 or A:h6. Therefore, myself I'd bet ~$2 and reevaluate further actions. There ain't gonna be a lot worse hands which are going to Call you but AJ or something similar are in his range and sometimes even KQ which completed for the straight. Betting it that big you just make a lot worse hands to fold and against better ones you kinda commit yourself.

Best regards.