5 Card Draw 7-A does the same strategy apply?

• sigauli
      sigauli
      Bronze
      EvGalios do the articles and the videos apply for this kind of format.

It is only available on Boss Network I think and more games are running on 7-A there than on Regular 5 Card Draw.

The main difference is that a Flush is stronger than a Full House, because the chance of making a Flush is quite lower with 5 or 6 cards removed (depending on the number of players seated the 6 is added or removed)
  • 2 replies
    • EvGalois
      EvGalois
      Bronze
      Yes and no. As far as betting and carding/drawing goes; yes alot of things can be applied. There is also another thing specifically for Boss (I believe Ongame too). Once heads up you and and your opponent have unlimited betting possibilities vs. eacher other. That goes for both predraw and postdraw rounds. That is a little thing to think about because you will hit many hands here but also there are many wild players here overplaying their holdings both betting rounds. If you are interested I can contribute with some starting hands and odds.

People still are clueless about this game since they keeping chasing flushes and overcall their two pairs when they have no bizniz doing so. This game is particularly popular in South Europe; including Spain, Greece and Italy. Originally this form is called "Poker al'Italiana".

All in all, there are many similiarities and in this game 2 pairs are more vulnerable. Aggression applies here of course and you should be very active in the blinds (attacking and reraising). I think there is excellent value because IMO Boss/IPN has the worst player pool I have ever witnessed. Remember also the Italians can now play (they are allowed to play cashgames online now and they seem to have taken away the "ring-fence" they had in the beginning after their legislation). I am trying to start up some 2-4 and 3-6 action for regular 5CD and I get action all the time. There are 1 or 2 players who I can say are decent. One of them from Greece named Sir..lol. (he changed from user pl@y last month I am 100% sure) and he is the only one to watch out for. It seems they are not willing to play higher but I think it's not impossible to proceed to 5-10 soon. Two year ago we had 10-20 going there but now USA is gone as well as Canada sadly. A good deal when playing fixed limit is naturally important. The rake is slightly higher than on Stars but if you have a good deal with PokerHeaven (i.e. something like 50% - rakeback + promos) then you are fine.
    • sigauli
      sigauli
      Bronze
      Yeah I'm quite interested in Starting hands and odds and will look for a better deal on Boss Media, because mine on Pokerheaven is Only 30%.

Edit:

EVGalois please look at the community tab and accept my request if possible.