Chat Thread: Exclusive $10,000 freeroll + $1,000 + 10 GSOP Tickets

• KMMorten
      KMMorten
      Bronze
      The 7th annual GSOP is just around the corner and we have two freerolls and 10 GSOP tickets at stake. Play our exclusive $10,000 depositors freeroll on September 18 and one day later play our $1,000 freeroll where you could win a seat to the GSOP.

1. $10,000 depositors freeroll

• Name: PokerStrategy.com $10K freeroll
      • Freeroll starts: September 18, 15:00 GMT
      • Registration starts: September 16, 12:00 GMT
      • Prize pool: $10,000
      • Starting stack: 3,000 chips
      • Starting blinds: 10/20

How can I participate?: Play at least one raked hand between Thursday, September 1 at 00:00 GMT and Thursday, September 14 at 23:59 GMT.

2. $1,000 freeroll + 10 GSOP tickets

• Name: PokerStrategy.com $6.250 GSOP freeroll
      • Freeroll starts: September 19, 18:00 GMT
      • Registration starts: September 1, 12:00 GMT
      • Prize pool: $1000 + 10 GSOP tickets to event #17
      • Starting stack: 3,000 chips
      • Starting blinds: 10/20

How can I participate?: Play at least one raked hand by September 17 at 23:59 GMT.

Don't forget that you need a tracked bwin account created through PokerStrategy.com to participate. If you don't have one yet, create an account now.

• 21 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Good luck guys! Any question, just shout!

Ingrid
    • sherriffatman
      sherriffatman
      Bronze
      hi ingrid - I can't find the $10K on my lobby - is it only being listed when reg'n opens on 16th, or am I missing something?
      (I depositted when i opened the acct and have satisfied the raked hand requirement)
      thanks in advance
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi sherriffatman,

The registration opened on the 1st of September and the screen shot was taken on the 6th of September which tells me that the tournament is already up and available.

Maybe something wrong with your filtering?

- I know that Your account is tracked :)
      - I do not know if you deposited or raked one hand

Therefore I can only advise you to please contact poker room customer support and ask them for further help.

Let me know how it goes please :)

Ingrid
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      The screenshot is of the 2nd tourney which is in the bwin lobby right now, the number 1 tourney isn't there yet.

It's called a depositors freeroll but no mention of a deposit having to be made, could you clarify if a deposit needs to be made or not please?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi there TakeManies,

It isn't a depositor freeroll. This is why the name has been changed to PokerStrategy.com 10K freeroll.

All you need to do is be active and rake at least one hand between between Thursday, September 1 at 00:00 GMT and Thursday, September 14 at 23:59 GMT. :)

I'll asked the Key account manager to check if the tournament is up already and we'll be back shortly.

Ingrid
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      I'm back with update:

The tournament will be visible in the lobby from 16th of September (07.00AM).

Ingrid
    • sherriffatman
      sherriffatman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hi sherriffatman,

The registration opened on the 1st of September and the screen shot was taken on the 6th of September which tells me that the tournament is already up and available.

Maybe something wrong with your filtering?

- I know that Your account is tracked :)
      - I do not know if you deposited or raked one hand

Therefore I can only advise you to please contact poker room customer support and ask them for further help.

Let me know how it goes please :)

Ingrid
      Thanks for looking in to that Ingrid - good job I mentioned it really. (also, thx to Manies for pointing out there are actually two freerolls!)
      I presume I don't need to contact bwin support now?
      Btw, my acct. is tracked through PS: I depositted when I opened the acct and although I haven't been active on the acct. much lately, I played 1 raked hd of stud last night (mon. 12/09) so i should qualify, yes? (will play some NLHE tonight just to be on the safe side)
      I guess I just wait for the reg'n to open and take it from there - bit late being listed though isn't it?
      :s_thumbsup: for the added value tho!!!
      cheers
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      No problems, glad to help out anytime! :)

The tournament will be visible in the lobby from 16th of September (07.00AM).

Run gold guys! :heart:

Ingrid
    • vinnie8887
      vinnie8887
      Bronze
      Anyone got any bad beat stories (or a story in general) from the $10k freeroll yet? I saw someone busted by 9Ts who flopped quad Ts..not really a bad beat but I thought I'd get things started
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      I've ran basic. I squeeze 55 on the BTN to 9BB, original raiser folds, 35BB stack calls. flips over J4s. FU and your full house :s_cool:

Uh: and lost AJ vs A8o ten hands ago or so vs fish.
    • vinnie8887
      vinnie8887
      Bronze
      Originally posted by L3ST
      I've ran basic. I squeeze 55 on the BTN to 9BB, original raiser folds, 35BB stack calls. flips over J4s. FU and your full house :s_cool:

Uh: and lost AJ vs A8o ten hands ago or so vs fish.
      o.O! lol J4, was this early in the tournament?
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      My tournament finished with my big disappointment when I found this A6s from BTN witn less the 10BB

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $4,000(BB) Replayer
      SB ($109,549)
      BB ($75,751)
      UTG ($68,960)
      UTG+1 ($146,066)
      UTG+2 ($31,414)
      MP1 ($63,993)
      MP2 ($50,310)
      MP3 ($34,087)
      CO ($143,418)
      Hero ($38,458)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: 6:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $38,058 (AI), SB calls $36,058, fold

FLOP ($84,116) 8:club: J:spade: 9:spade:

TURN ($84,116) 8:club: J:spade: 9:spade: 7:spade:

RIVER ($84,116) 8:club: J:spade: 9:spade: 7:spade: 7:diamond:

Hero shows A:heart: 6:heart:
      (Pre 29%, Flop 14.9%, Turn 14.8%)

SB shows K:heart: A:spade:
      (Pre 71%, Flop 85.1%, Turn 85.2%)

SB wins $84,116

Should I be conservative and wait a better big hand?

Thank you anyway Pokerstrategy for this great opportunity to feed the bankroll as any $ are not too bad even if my dream was to go a bit up to the "big boy" prize.

TY :)
    • vinnie8887
      vinnie8887
      Bronze
      Shoving there was the right play IMO. Your shoving range there is pretty much any 2 cards since you are so short. Plus A6s is probably good there since the blinds would know you are shoving light most of the time there and may call with K/Q high.

You don't want your stack dwindling down so when you are shoving, it won't be such a small stack that the blind is pretty much committed to call. Also a full orbit is roughly 1/3 of your stack when you consider the antes too so you can't wait too much longer.

Just my thoughts
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vinnie8887
      Shoving there was the right play IMO. Your shoving range there is pretty much any 2 cards since you are so short. Plus A6s is probably good there since the blinds would know you are shoving light most of the time there and may call with K/Q high.

You don't want your stack dwindling down so when you are shoving, it won't be such a small stack that the blind is pretty much committed to call. Also a full orbit is roughly 1/3 of your stack when you consider the antes too so you can't wait too much longer.

Just my thoughts
      TY :)
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      shove is standard, just got unlucky to be dominated.

are you guys playing the one tonight? see you there :)
    • sherriffatman
      sherriffatman
      Bronze
      what happened to the breaks in these?
      - anyone?
      ?(
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Finished 14th from 890 starters in the GSOP Freeroll.

Picked up a little free cash (thx PokerStrategy.com love you long time :heart: ), but missed out on one of the 10x added $525 seats. My second effective bubble of the night :facepalm:

Hopefully still other English Community left in, gl everyone.

Bart
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sherriffatman
      what happened to the breaks in these?
      - anyone?
      ?(
      To be perfectly honest as these have a great structure they tend to go on a long time anyway, so I'm guessing the decision was taken to leave them out which is fair in my opinion.

Hope you still enjoyed them sherriffatman and had fun, keep an eye out for more great PokerStrategy.com promotions and community events as they get announced in the news and forum pages ;)

Best regards,

Bart
    • vinnie8887
      vinnie8887
      Bronze
      Grats Bart =D. I came 7th in the $10k freeroll the night before. I didn't play the GSOP freeroll since it started at 4am my time and I had to be in class at 9am =(