$29.95
      BB:
      $16.87
      CO (Hero):
      $25.00
      BU:
      $29.05

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6, 7.
      Hero raises to $1.00, BU calls $1.00, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.35) Q, 7, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.35) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.75, BU calls $3.75.

River: ($12.85) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.10, BU raises to $12.20, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $18.95.

from the BU I only had 40 hands or so but he was starting with a VPIP/PFR of 30/6, so didn't look like a TAG.

I guess on the flop I have to C-bet.
      On the turn I was thinking to bet for value/protection thinking he would still call with top pair but also because I would dislike a 4-card straight on the board OOP.

On the river I really didn't know what to do. Think the laydown is logical (right?) but should I check/fold on the river? or is that to weak? Check/call? cant really beat anything I guess.

Really having difficulties playing this hand OOP so some help please.
  • 8 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Bet more on the turn- you would get called with worse hands if you bet 4.5$ that spot. Another option would be c/r turn, to get value from floats and tp hands

On the river I really didn't know what to do. Think the laydown is logical (right?) but should I check/fold on the river? or is that to weak? Check/call? cant really beat anything I guess.
      - you can never c/f river with your two pair unless you check and he shoves or smt. I would likely bet myself that spot 7$ and also call min-raise. Don´t beat much, but I have two pair and unless he decided to slowplay on the flop and turn, should still be ahead on the river (unless he holds KQ). And I generally don´t want to make laydowns against 30/6, since these players can also sometimes bluff there some kind of strange hands
    • Locito
      Locito
      Bronze
      So you would call river.....Is this a line recommended against these type of opponents (30/6) or in generall?
    • wazawanga
      wazawanga
      Bronze
      Kaits i've seen in last couple of posts some of the worst advices i have ever heard in my life , do you even beat nl10 ? i will contact admins to have you removed ... this is not acceptable to answer so often with stupid advice

I would likely bet myself that spot 7$ and also call min-raise. Don´t beat much, but I have two pair and unless he decided to slowplay on the flop and turn, should still be ahead on the river

this is almost amusing
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      I think your turn bet is fine here and you are underrepping your hand and its good.
      One the river in these spots, if i dont want to call a raise but still want to make some value I bet BIG, so its harder for him to raise even better two pair but if he still raises after my BIG raise i usually cry and fold. But in these spot I think its a crying call.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Locito,

Turn: You don't need to bet more on turn, as you hit your 2pairs it doesn't mean that we have to make such huge bets as well. With balancing it may allow us even to do the same with weaker holdings. :) And Check/Raise? Huh? Check/Raise is way overplayed here, you are practically just making a lot worse to fold and better ones will continue. Seems as totally fine picked bet size.
      River: Well, the K on river obviously ain't the greatest card for us since it completes come of his range like KQ. Obviously he may have us beat on flop or turn already. Therefore the question is if we get value from some worse? There might be some hands like AQ/QJ even QT while the opponent even seems to be fishy. Therefore my line would be to Block-bet/Fold it to avoid any huge bets from him against we just have to Check/Fold it since we wont be beating much. I don't see either how we can Bet/Call it, we most likely don't beat much. What hands do you expect to beat? He is not bluffing there. :(

Also the guy doesn't look like any aggressor or maniac either, rather just loose-passive player.

Best regards.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wazawanga
      Kaits i've seen in last couple of posts some of the worst advices i have ever heard in my life , do you even beat nl10 ? i will contact admins to have you removed ... this is not acceptable to answer so often with stupid advice

I would likely bet myself that spot 7$ and also call min-raise. Don´t beat much, but I have two pair and unless he decided to slowplay on the flop and turn, should still be ahead on the river

this is almost amusing
      wanna paly hu :P
      Well, problem here is that you have two pair and always option that player may bluff river. So basically your valuebetting range on the river is very wide (starting with Kx+)+ sometimes you have there 3-barrel bluffs, so my question is: what hands are you willing to call river raise, if you can´t b/c there with two pair against fish.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      thought a little wazawanga reply.
      I think only way to prove I´m winning player is either play:
      - bunch of hands at nl 10, nl 25 and nl 50 and show you the stats or
      - to me it is a lot easier and also a more fun: do video nl 10, nl 25 and nl 50 levels, explain why I think things that I also say in the forums
      Talk some pokerstrategy staff to upload these videos next month free for anyone or make some kind of blog about that, but right now going to vacation next 7 days, so you don´t really need to read my advise and can c/f two pair against 40/6 who´s valuebetting range on the river is likely tp or worse.
    • Locito
      Locito
      Bronze
      thnx for feedback....I just hate having those LAG on my left :D