This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

No HEM. What strategy?

• pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      I won't have HEM available till Friday (reason is too long to explain) and I'm gonna play a bit without it. Anyway, I'd like to hear some opinions on what approach I should take. It might even be good to sharpen up some other skills. The game is NL10 SH
  • 8 replies
    • FlorinCatana
      FlorinCatana
      Bronze
      I wouldn't really approach SH, instead I think FR, playing as basic as possible, 4 tables maximum will surely bring you some satisfaction. Short Strategy I guess will suit you even better as your own cards are more important as an in-depth opponent reading!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      The perfect opportunity to learn how to put people on ranges and to hand read!
      Watch the players very carefully and take a LOT of notes!
      How do they bet, why how much, what boards, how do they play specific hand values/types, do they bet flush draws agressively or are they check/call types?
      Will they go to showdown facing agression with top pair? If so, what 's the kicker?

Etc., etc., etc., etc! :)

Open Notepad or something similar and fill it up! Do this even when you're not playing. I do it before I even join a table these days, I just open a table and watch for 30 minutes or so.

Have fun. :)
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      thx guys for replies!

I'm deffo gonna observe opponents more closely. And while I won't have stats like c-bet% or fold to 3bet i can take a lot of notes. This is just for fun, so i won't play FR or any other game type cuz im used to NLSH.
      I've played one session already and i was up 2.5 BIs :f_biggrin: I've also made a couple of mistakes (non related to stats or HEM) but i played well and I realised that with no stats you tend to develop more history with the players at the table. By that I mean you remember who is 3betting u a lot IP or who wont fold to your c-bets so that's the upside and you can adjust to those specific people whereas you might let it go if you only look at stats. We'll see how I do till friday :)

I'm still open to any suggestions ;)
    • Steelbrewer
      Steelbrewer
      Silver
      Less tables more notes/color marks. What is more important observe the hands you do not participate in and take notes of them, it's better to learn on someone others mistakes/expirience. Also you can keep track at least on your own "stats" (counting/writing down times you ATS, folded BB and SB to steal, 3bet, cbet).
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      with 6-max you probably can't just play a tight range so basicly I would play less tables play less poker and analyse and study the game more in the meanwhile.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      HUD really isn't necessary to play properly unless you are playing more than 4 tables and find it hard to keep track of the info you require. stick to 4 tables or less and you should be fine playing SH.
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      The non-HEM period is over. I was up insignificantly, but played a little nlHU50 because that's something I dont need HEM for at all (1 tabling ofc) and got a couple of stacks there. Now that I got my HEM back I need to analyse a lot and work on my game which is very hard without stats and replay hands. I agree that one can play without HUD up to 4 tables but I tried playing 10 and it was hard :f_p:
      Anyhow, thanks for all the responses and see you all at the tables.

cheers!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I just want to inform you that we have moved your thread into the Poker Software board, because that is where it belongs :)

Ingrid