vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands
      Hero: $6.06
      22 100 42 22
      BU: $12.55
      2.7 50 40 72

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q :diamond: , Q :club:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.17, Hero raises to $0.50, BB folds, BU calls $0.33.

Flop: ($1.05) K :heart: , K :diamond: , 6 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.62, BU calls $0.62.

Turn: ($2.29) A :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($2.29) 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.62, BU calls $0.62.

Final Pot: $3.53

I decide not to barrel the turn as I feel I am not getting called by worse hands often with the A hitting my range real hard and I'm planning to c/f here as he only bets stronger hands and I don't give him credit for turning low pocket into a bluff.

When he checks back I think he is fairly weak, I decide to go for a small value bet on the river vs. his pocket pairs which I think are a large part of his range. Although I would like to have bet bigger (up to nearly $1) , I like the bet as if I check he will only bet better hands (Although i can't see many in this line) and check back worse that he will call a smallish bet with - 40% wtsd.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello CheckBop,

By the way, it seems like you pressing the wrong button in Elephant. There is a button called PS which will copy the right format, right now it seems like you are editing yourself the suits?

About the play:
      Kinda marginal to Check it on turn. The problem is that if he is an aggressive player then we wont be able to Check/Call 2 streets. :( Since we are pretty much turning our hand into bluff-catcher. Although if he is rather passive player then going for your line should be totally fine.

Best regards.
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies, these hands I copy and pasted from my blog which is why they are a bit funny and i did indeed have to add the suits.

Thanks, Check
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by CheckBop
      Thanks for the replies, these hands I copy and pasted from my blog which is why they are a bit funny and i did indeed have to add the suits.

Thanks, Check
      Easiest way to copy the hands from the blog is just with "Edit Post" or press quote and will be able to copy it as well. :)