• AgapieGheorghe
      Hello everyone, my name is George, 25 years, i´m from Romania.

I have to say from the start that i speak very bad english. And i´m sorry if somebody dont understand everything that i will write here.

I play poker for almost a year now but on a very amateur level. I started to play more seriously last 3 months. I love to play MTT, i have a great feeling when from 3000-4000 people i get ITM, close to/or on a final table.

Right now i wish to learn to play cash games. I will start with NL2 soon, but first i have to learn the strategy and i think this course will help me alot, i'm very excited to start this.
  • 3 replies
      Hi George,

Welcome to the Beginners Course and do not worry, you're English was perfect. Probably better than my own :)

I hope you enjoy the course and learn alot of new material to help you crush the micros and move up the limits :D

It is always nice to have the ability to play different games as sometimes you may not feeling like playing MTTs :)

All the best in the course :)

• AgapieGheorghe
      Homework 1 .

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I started playing just for fun, but now i´m thinking that a second income will be nice, playing 2-3 hours every day.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I´m sure that my biggest weakness it´s Bluffing, i have to learn how to stop doing it with all sorts of marginal hands.
      I also get angry at bad beats for time to time. ( And my mouse manage to survive every time :D )

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

You choose only the best hands to play, and when do you decide to play them you always play aggressively, raise with them. You will want to build a nice pot with a good starting hand.
    • veriz
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Well, I wouldn't really hope for the income with just beginning with the poker. But rather you will have to learn a lot and move up the stakes. :) Later on definitely there will be nice income from the poker.

As you say you are getting angry of the bad beats then I am pretty sure that you also tilt a lot. Which brings you into this spot where you have to fight against tilt and easiest wait to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play.

Most of the other weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you loose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Some more points earned.