[NL2-NL10] KJ nl2

• Tombic
      I had note that villain limps with AQ from late position. He allways min raise, but reraise looked strange but was betting for value before flop, flop, and turn. Overplay?
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:heart: , J:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0,04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,12, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $0,20, Hero calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,43) J:heart: , 7:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0,28, MP2 calls $0,28.

Turn: ($0,99) T:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0,66, MP2 calls $0,66.

River: ($2,31) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2,31
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Tombic,

Preflop: Well even the 3betting is here questionable. :P I wouldn't say that we know that well the opponent while we only have seen him playing 19 hands. And from them he has been raising only 5%. But as you went for it then Calling the min-raise is also pretty marginal. Since you may easily even put yourself into difficult plays postflop. Like hitting a TP and then wanting to go broke. Of course it's doable but is it worth?

As played
      Postflop: Most likely I'd rather Chek behind the turn vs his line. Which may even be with any kind of overpair which takes such a line. We ain't gonna get value from him 3 streets anyways. And there ain't gonna be that many draws on his range.

Best regards.