This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 fr tt on paired board

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Villain is 9/8 over 202 hands. 30% wtsd, 67% w$sd. c-bet 100% as pfr, on flop and turn.

Wasn't really sure how I should play this, but I think this person is a thinking player and so if I check call and check raise turn I can rep a pretty strong hand make lower pockets and maybe J hands fold out?

Thoughts on this?

Thanks

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6)
      Hero ($5.30)
      UTG ($5.46)
      UTG+1 ($12.50)
      UTG+2 ($5)
      MP1 ($5.45)
      MP2 ($4.84)
      CO ($5.07)
      BTN ($3.70)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: T:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.15

FLOP ($0.42) 5:heart: K:spade: J:club:

Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26

TURN ($0.94) 5:heart: K:spade: J:club: K:club:

Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.45, Hero raises to $1.55, MP2 folds

Hero shows T:diamond: T:club:

Hero wins $1.75
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Flop: Well the problem is that what's your plan with Check/Call on flop ?:> If the opponent is even CBet happy guy. Plus the board ain't the greatest for us. Most of his raising range did even hit. I'd most likely just Check/Fold while being OOP.

As played
      Turn: Obviously his bet size on flop was kinda weak, might be even something like QQ/AQ/AJ even. And against his line it should be considerable to Check/Raise while we definitely gonna make those kind of hands to fold. It's close between donking or not, donking might be cheaper. Although it wouldn't make Jx/QQ type of hands to fold. But of course should be rather a fold on flop while you even didn't have a great plan.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Must say I didn't really have a plan here ;<

I called just because he bet so weak so I didn't want to lay it down. But then once the board paired and he bet pretty weak again it seemed like a good spot to c/r against this type of player after c/c flop.

Thanks for advice on this one :)