[NL2-NL10] nl5 fr jj turn play

• Jim4rdo
      Villain is 39/20 over 45 hand. 10.0 aggression over those hands.

Dunno if I can play this any other way?

I raised flop just because donking out in BB didn't seem to make much sense; i'd bet all my range after raising utg on ace flop, so surely with strong ace he could call and play passively against me.

I think I should have checked the turn, because of him calling the raise; we can give him quite a strong hand since i've raised utg, raised on A flop, and knowing this he has called.

So thinking about it now, possibly 77/33 would make sense to donk out because ace is in my range and he can then get value? I don't think he's check shoving anything worse than 77/33/AQ

Hope that makes sense to you.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.88)
      BB ($5.69)
      Hero ($5)
      UTG+1 ($5.29)
      UTG+2 ($3.64)
      MP1 ($5)
      MP2 ($5)
      CO ($14)
      BTN ($4.92)

Dealt to Hero J:club: J:heart:

Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.15

FLOP ($0.42) 3:diamond: A:heart: 7:club:

BB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.95, BB calls $0.65

TURN ($2.32) 3:diamond: A:heart: 7:club: Q:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $1.35, BB raises to $4.54 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $4.78
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Not a huge fan of raising the flop. You are just turning your hand into bluff. He ain't gonna continue with worse. Rather just Call and reevaluate it on further streets.

As played I don't really see any reason why we should bet the turn anymore after he Calls us on flop. You are most likely beat, if he is calling you on flop then most likely has the hand what he is representing.

Best regards.