This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 6m AQ vs donk-river,

• nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $9.11
      Hero (CO): $2.75
      BTN: $4.96
      SB: $1.00
      BB: $6.54
      UTG: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:club: A:diamond:

fold, MP raises to $0.04, Hero raises to $0.13, fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.09

Flop: ($0.29, 2 players) 6:heart: 3:spade: A:spade:
      MP bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.42, MP calls $0.32

Turn: ($1.13, 2 players) 7:club:
      MP bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.99, MP calls $0.87

River: ($3.11, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      MP bets $3.44, Hero ???
      On the flop i have decided to raise so that he cant draw cheap to a flushdraw. Again on the turn, as i believe his bets are block bets.

Now on the river he drastically changes, got no info on villain as this was in the first orbit of the session.
  • 5 replies
    • oracle1785
      oracle1785
      Bronze
      Hi, personally i'm not experienced with SH (i play FR)but i think that you must fold on the river, because he does little bets in the flpo and the turn, but when he bets pot on river i think that or he is bluffing(but is very rare) or he beats you. In the latter case the only consideration that i do is that he's slowplaying his hand ( i think that has a set of 6 or 3, if you think about it you'll see that's possible because with a pair of 6 or 3 he raises and calls preflop). However this case is very intresting..:)
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      My thoughts were a busted flush draw.

After discussion on the thread ends i am going to give out the hole cards of villain.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nathanrenard,

No need to raise the turn anymore. You are just committing yourself against better hands. I guess I'd just take the passive line and reevaluate it on river.

As played, well. I doubt that we beat anything. :( Against his line it's usually a trap. We have shown 2 streets of strength which means something and therefore I doubt that he is shipping the river with worse. I am folding this.

Best regards.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Well turns out he had J:spade: 7:spade: , any thoughs now that we know villains cards?

And yes i did made the call cause i had put him on a busted flush draw atm. Not totally off on that case.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nathanrenard
      Well turns out he had J:spade: 7:spade: , any thoughs now that we know villains cards?

And yes i did made the call cause i had put him on a busted flush draw atm. Not totally off on that case.
      Yeah well. But I doubt that he would bluff like that on river after our line. :(