CO: $12.73
      BTN: $10.00
      SB: $6.99
      BB: $9.33
      UTG: $10.25 (90)11/6/67(CBF)
      UTG+1: $8.17

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 6:diamond: 6:club:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.30, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.05, 3 players) 2:spade: 6:heart: Q:diamond:
      UTG bets $0.78, Hero calls $0.78, fold

Turn: ($2.61, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      UTG bets $1.95, Hero calls $1.95

River: ($6.51, 2 players) K:diamond:
      UTG bets $4.88, Hero calls $4.88

UTG shows K:heart: K:club: (Three of a Kind, Kings) (Pre 80%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      Hero mucks 6:diamond: 6:club: (Three of a Kind, Sixes) (Pre 20%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      UTG wins $15.46

Flop: I think this play on this street was correct. Mega dry flop so I don't see reason why I should have RR. Moreover I was vs tight player.
      Turn: This street bothering me the most but in my opinion I played it again correct. I was sure that he had made hand...
      River: first of all I would like to explain that I thought that he shoved all in. It was a little misunderstanding but luckily better for me because I lost less money.
      PostF: What do u think about this hand... is it was to slowplay set on the turn? Or I should have shoved all in... In my opinion back door flush wasn't in his range so I played it correct. I would like to know for future... better slowplay/trap or ship on the turn...
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

I'd most likely raise it on turn to build up the pot and make it ready for a shove on river. :)

But as played kinda marginal. The problem is that only hand we might get value from is something like AA. Since I doubt that the guy is going to play this way AK/AQ. So what else do we beat there? So there it's pretty much 50/50 but I wouldn't lay it down.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I'm not a big fan of slowplaying but I feel very bad with this hand and still I don't know if check on the turn was a mistake.
      why should we raise on the turn?
      because we wanted to build the pot... not for protection... we don't have to protect our set...
      what about the river? I thought that he shiped all in. But if I noticed that he didn't do this... could I have shoved all in?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      I'm not a big fan of slowplaying but I feel very bad with this hand and still I don't know if check on the turn was a mistake.
      why should we raise on the turn?
      because we wanted to build the pot... not for protection... we don't have to protect our set...
      what about the river? I thought that he shiped all in. But if I noticed that he didn't do this... could I have shoved all in?
      Yeah, well if we are against some regular player then I don't mind even your play. We just got unlucky.

But as played the river for the given reason I gave above I'd be rather inclined to just Call at the best. Since it's 50/50 spot if he has something like AA or not. :> But meanwhile could have QQ/KK.