This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Fr 66 06.09

• UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $10.00
      Hero (MP+1): $11.75
      LP: $10.25
      CO: $12.73
      BTN: $10.00
      SB: $6.99
      BB: $9.33
      UTG: $10.25 (90)11/6/67(CBF)
      UTG+1: $8.17

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 6:diamond: 6:club:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.30, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.05, 3 players) 2:spade: 6:heart: Q:diamond:
      UTG bets $0.78, Hero calls $0.78, fold

Turn: ($2.61, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      UTG bets $1.95, Hero calls $1.95

River: ($6.51, 2 players) K:diamond:
      UTG bets $4.88, Hero calls $4.88

UTG shows K:heart: K:club: (Three of a Kind, Kings) (Pre 80%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      Hero mucks 6:diamond: 6:club: (Three of a Kind, Sixes) (Pre 20%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      UTG wins $15.46

Flop: I think this play on this street was correct. Mega dry flop so I don't see reason why I should have RR. Moreover I was vs tight player.
      Turn: This street bothering me the most but in my opinion I played it again correct. I was sure that he had made hand...
      River: first of all I would like to explain that I thought that he shoved all in. It was a little misunderstanding but luckily better for me because I lost less money.
      PostF: What do u think about this hand... is it was to slowplay set on the turn? Or I should have shoved all in... In my opinion back door flush wasn't in his range so I played it correct. I would like to know for future... better slowplay/trap or ship on the turn...
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

I'd most likely raise it on turn to build up the pot and make it ready for a shove on river. :)

But as played kinda marginal. The problem is that only hand we might get value from is something like AA. Since I doubt that the guy is going to play this way AK/AQ. So what else do we beat there? So there it's pretty much 50/50 but I wouldn't lay it down.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      I'm not a big fan of slowplaying but I feel very bad with this hand and still I don't know if check on the turn was a mistake.
      why should we raise on the turn?
      because we wanted to build the pot... not for protection... we don't have to protect our set...
      what about the river? I thought that he shiped all in. But if I noticed that he didn't do this... could I have shoved all in?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      I'm not a big fan of slowplaying but I feel very bad with this hand and still I don't know if check on the turn was a mistake.
      why should we raise on the turn?
      because we wanted to build the pot... not for protection... we don't have to protect our set...
      what about the river? I thought that he shiped all in. But if I noticed that he didn't do this... could I have shoved all in?
      Yeah, well if we are against some regular player then I don't mind even your play. We just got unlucky.

But as played the river for the given reason I gave above I'd be rather inclined to just Call at the best. Since it's 50/50 spot if he has something like AA or not. :> But meanwhile could have QQ/KK.